Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Lind Traded to the Brewers For Marco Estrada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I like it. It's a 2015 TEAM option at 7.5 million (1 million buyout) and a 2016 option for Lind at 8 million. All for the guy who led the universe in HR's allowed when he was a starter.

Smart move by Melvin IMO.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
After looking at the free agent market for 1st baseman half the guys are retiring and the rest are somewhat washed up. Lind is getting up there in age but he is a better option than any of the free agents. Plus the free agent market for pitchers is plentiful this off season.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I know nothing about Estrada, but I'm kind of sad to see Lind go. He'll never get back to his 2009 level but he was I think the longest tenured Blue Jay.

I wish him good luck in Milwaukee but I wonder how he'll be used in the NL where there's no DH.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Estrada should do well in the launching pad known as Rogers centre. Hendriks won't look so bad when he is giving up HR's because Estrada will be giving them out like Halloween candy.

"Sleepy" should do well with the Brewers. When healthy he will bring a lot of power/avg and solid defense at first (can play LF too).

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lind is a hitting machine, should do well in a "doubles" park. But playing defense everyday probably will be a Problem...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I like this A LOT better than over-paying/reaching for an average FA first baseman.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wish the Brewers would've signed LaRoche, but this move works for me as well.

Members online

Latest posts