Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

D'Backs trade Wade Miley to the Red Sox for P's Rubby de la Rosa & Allen Webster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Plus another player heading the Diamondbacks way. Does this take Boston out of trading for Hamels or do the position player prospects and maybe Workman get it done ?

Also love that the new head's of power in Arizona & Los Angeles are making trades and trying to make those teams mold them into what they envision will be the best team possible.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
9:31pm: D’Backs GM Dave Stewart denied that a deal was in place between the two sides, saying that they’ve been unable to agree on prospects, USA Today’s Bob Nightingale reports (Twitter links). If a deal is made, however, De La Rosa and Webster will be part of it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Didn't LaRussa just tell a bunch of writers that Miley was gonna be their OD Starter? :lol:

And the MLBN guys seem to think the Dodgers are making room to make a push for Hamels...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Hate to give up De La Rosa, but I think Miley is a very good pitcher who will give us 200 solid innings and is under contract for 3? more years. Hopefully his stuff translates well to the AL East, but after the flyball pitcher fiasco in Peavy, I'll take all of the groundball pitchers I can get.

I did see De La Rosa eventually being our closer, so that will be a tough spot to fill after this season. His stuff is so nasty, I think he has a bright career ahead of him. I don't think any Red Sox fan is too sad to see Webster go...kids got a ton of talent but just doesn't have the confidence to make it work in the bigs.

Members online

Latest posts