Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cespedes to Tigers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
CJ Nitkowski just tweeted that Cespedes is being traded to the Tigers for Rick Porcello.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Interesting move. Tigers lineup could stand to be a bit deeper. Cespedes should be an ideal 6 hitter behind J.D. Martinez (or in front of him if last year proves a fluke). Not sure I'd have a ton of confidence putting Porcello in Fenway, but he's at minimum an innings eating 4 starter, and the Red Sox need guys like that. Still, to this point, the Sox don't have a single starter that will put any fear in opposing lineups.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
#Tigers will obtain minor-league pitcher from #RedSox in Porcello-Cespedes deal, source says.

Solid move for the Tigers, never been sold on Porcello and I think they traded off high here. We have seen what the cost is for starters and that still seems to be climbing. Let someone else overpay for him and the Tigers get good value from Cespedes. Win for the Tigers on this.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Hopefully, his bat is productive for the Tigers.

And maybe he can post an OBP above .300. Or learn to play proper defense, instead of relying on his cannon arm to throw out runners taking extra bases on balls he botched. I'd make this trade for the Sox anyday, and twice on Saturday.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Am I the only one who hates to see Alex Wilson go? I had him pegged as our go to 7th inning bullpen guy next season...now with him gone, De La Rosa gone, Miller gone Badenhop gone, etc. we definitely lack depth in the bullpen now. I guess Cherington has faith in Hembree, Layne, and Britton as their replacements. Hopefully it works out.

As for Porcello....I've never really been a fan of him. I know he had a good year last season and I hope he can duplicate it to make the trade worthwhile but I'm not holding my breath....he has a poor track record at Fenway.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Am I the only one who hates to see Alex Wilson go? I had him pegged as our go to 7th inning bullpen guy next season...now with him gone, De La Rosa gone, Miller gone Badenhop gone, etc. we definitely lack depth in the bullpen now. I guess Cherington has faith in Hembree, Layne, and Britton as their replacements. Hopefully it works out.

As for Porcello....I've never really been a fan of him. I know he had a good year last season and I hope he can duplicate it to make the trade worthwhile but I'm not holding my breath....he has a poor track record at Fenway.

A Boston fan with an objective viewpoint, interesting. You are a rare bird. Spread those wings.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

The rotation really needs more work. It sounds like Boston may be backing off on the deals now though. As a Yankees fan I would love for you guys to make no more moves. Without any more moves I doubt you win more than 85 games. Porcello, Buchholz, Masterson, Miley, Ranuado or whoever makes me salivate about the offensive numbers that can be put up against that.

It should be an interesting finish to the off season and year next year.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Or in Workman or Masterson...the new Wade Davis...

Thanks,
Jeff
I have never been big on Workman...until he develops a third pitch he just doesn't have the ceiling to be a guy you can rely on. I hope he proves me wrong though!

As for Masterson I think based on the contract he will be in the starting rotation because it has incentives for IP over 180. I think Ranaudo can maybe be our long reliever though. We will see how it plays out but as of right now, I don't love the bullpen as it stands. I don't know if Koji has another 65+ inning season in him.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
The rotation really needs more work. It sounds like Boston may be backing off on the deals now though. As a Yankees fan I would love for you guys to make no more moves. Without any more moves I doubt you win more than 85 games. Porcello, Buchholz, Masterson, Miley, Ranuado or whoever makes me salivate about the offensive numbers that can be put up against that.

It should be an interesting finish to the off season and year next year.
A Yankee fan talking bad about another teams pitching staff? Now that's funny...

Latest posts