Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have a direct email line to Probstein?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Or does he read these boards? I would like to communicate directly with him or someone that is qualified to deal with an issue.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
thanks @Hawk8 !! Hope that is not a generic email address for him

Your welcome, not sure on the email address. I bought my first card (was a 1/1 2008 Topps Sterling Jumbo Patch) from him and it came in this week and there was a card with it with that information on it.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Guys, please limit personal information to pm's. Thanks

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Top, I would agree but an email I received posted the same info that is also on his eBay profile page so I'm sure he: 1. won't care and 2. won't answer me from either

Fair enough. From what I have seen he is pretty responsive...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Message was sent and as was alluded too there is controversy but I've also heard the same amount of respect for his ethics

Some people like to group all consignors together and paint with a broad brush.

Beyond that, there is the issue that many large consignors do not police shilling as closely as some would like. There have been discussions on these boards about the challenges of such policing, but it is certainly something that makes some people uncomfortable. (The fact that many large auction houses use a similar idea to create a "secret reserve" may or may not be relevant to the discussion, even beyond whether it is something that can be monitored).

I have sold with Rick a number of times and have had nothing but positive experience and I can guarantee that on the items he sold for me there was no shill bidding. I was very happy working with him, and would happily continue to do so. In all my dealings he has been absolutely stand-up.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Some people like to group all consignors together and paint with a broad brush.

Beyond that, there is the issue that many large consignors do not police shilling as closely as some would like. There have been discussions on these boards about the challenges of such policing, but it is certainly something that makes some people uncomfortable. (The fact that many large auction houses use a similar idea to create a "secret reserve" may or may not be relevant to the discussion, even beyond whether it is something that can be monitored).

I have sold with Rick a number of times and have had nothing but positive experience and I can guarantee that on the items he sold for me there was no shill bidding. I was very happy working with him, and would happily continue to do so. In all my dealings he has been absolutely stand-up.

99.9% of what I have read/gathered/surmised is that Probstein is a completely stand up guy and I'm not accusing him of the "S" word.

You edited a legitimate response to this thread without thinking first. Just being honest with you and not being rude, your response is the one that should be removed. You are bringing the "S" into this when it wasn't there before.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm sure I have bought from him then without even knowing it. What exactly is consignment I never understood what that was?

Some people have a large or high end collection so they let Probstein sell it for them. Probstein has a large customer base and he will take a percentage of the end price for himself and then pay the consigner after fees

Members online

Latest posts