Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini first preview of 2015 Donruss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The images at Panini's blog:

https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com...ook-at-2015-donruss-baseball-preview-gallery/

all I can say is:

1) too bad the 1981 design (the 50 card insert) is not the base design. I think it looks sweeter than the 2015 donruss base design

2) probably not going to be buying any boxes until Christmas 2015 because I don't know yet if another factory set will be released at year end. 2014 Series 1 set building was a waste for me except for the SP cards I didn't have from those 2 boxes that I was able to get in the factory set.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Last year's Donruss set was great, but I don't like the 2015 base design at all.
It's an ugly ish-mash of the '85 Donruss lines on the sides and the '87 sides moved to the top and bottom, but with a white border instead of the black from '85 and '87.
The border is just too awkward and obnoxious, and Panini really needs to make the Donruss logo smaller.

The 1981 Donruss subset is cool, except for the giant Donruss logo.

I really liked last year's Donruss set because the design was actually nostalgic without being loud and ugly.
I was hoping this year's set would build upon that by making intelligent use of elements of previous designs, but the 2015 set looks like a amateurish mess.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I actually like the look of the base card. Wish it was a little more of a departure from last years but I think it looks a little nicer than those. Early pics never show off that Donruss foil very well, looking forward to the parallels

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
They need an original design, not use the 2014 design and just moving around the border stuff.

Not a totally bad design but something a little more original would've worked better.

Fordman

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This still set for next week sometime?

don't know, but with the way Panini is acting, I don't think so. If release was imminent, you should be seeing a posting about the cracking of some boxes fresh off the press to make sure there were no packout errors.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I'm beginning to wonder whether Panini will be having many releases this year. So far we have not seen any announcements for anything other than Donruss and Stars and Stripes. Not looking very promising.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Panini sends out info maybe a month or 2 before a product comes out.

Just got info on NT FB and that release is 4/8

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Still looking fun! Only head scratcher is why does Dan Uggla have a jersey card or any card for that matter lol

they all can't be babe ruth! ;)

i'm still holding off on buying boxes in case there is a factory set coming as I only got caught with series 1 boxes last year before I bought a factory set (thank goodness I didn't buy series 2 boxes only to find out a factory set was coming).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts