Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll - I need some feedback advice

What should I do?

• Leave a Neutral and explain why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Please read before voting - thanks guys

I've been mulling this over for a few weeks now, and since I can't figure out what to do, I thought I'd leave it up to the community at large here.

I won this ball the 2nd week of February for a very decent price.

4999_1.jpg

It took the seller almost 3 weeks to send me the WRONG ball. I contacted him, and he was very apologetic, so I sent the ball back at my expense. He sent me back the "correct" ball about 1 1/2 weeks later with $6 cash to cover my shipping.

DawsonBall.jpg

This isn't the greatest pic in the world, but you can tell by the way the letters intersect that this is not the ball pictured in the auction photo. It's barely noticeble, but there is also a slight smudge through the "D". The seller has not responded to subsequent emails.

So, am I just being too picky or what?

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to comment.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Leave a positive. The seller made a mistake and was quick to fix it. He covered the shipping cost of you sending the ball back and sent you the correct item. I see no problem.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
If the seller was selling more than one, he probably just took a picture of one. It'd get kinda confusing trying to sort them out I'd suppose.

As long as it wasn't damaged or what not I'd be happy.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
moxacaine said:
Leave a positive. The seller made a mistake and was quick to fix it. He covered the shipping cost of you sending the ball back and sent you the correct item. I see no problem.
i would have to agree, may not have been the fastest transaction but all parties involved got what they wanted after all is said and done

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
The pictured one is much nicer and bright then the one you recieved. I would probably email him first and let him know you are going to leave a neutral. I have no problem with the mix up part, we all make mistakes. and that is why I would email him on the one in the picture being different then the one you got, and if he doesnt say anything then give him the neutral.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
moxacaine said:
i would have to agree, may not have been the fastest transaction but all parties involved got what they wanted after all is said and done

If you read the whole story it ius the fact he did not get the ball in the auction, but one with not as good of a sig.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MTBright said:
The pictured one is much nicer and bright then the one you recieved. I would probably email him first and let him know you are going to leave a neutral. I have no problem with the mix up part, we all make mistakes. and that is why I would email him on the one in the picture being different then the one you got, and if he doesnt say anything then give him the neutral.

That's kind of why I'm torn about this. I waited a long time to buy a ball, and I bid on this one because it was the nicest I'd seen.

The seller hasn't responded to any emails after the 2nd ball was sent. :|

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
MTBright said:
abncollectsautos said:
moxacaine said:

If you read the whole story it ius the fact he did not get the ball in the auction, but one with not as good of a sig.

if you read what i said i stately clearly " wasnt the fastest transaction but all parties involved got what they wanted". he didnt get the correct one, called the guy on it and it was fixed. is that really worth a negative or neutral? people make mistakes

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Who debates for weeks what type of feedback to leave....and it seems rather weak to not be able to decide for yourself how to handle this situation. Sack up, make a decision and move on....

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
MTBright said:
abncollectsautos said:
moxacaine said:

if you read what i said i stately clearly " wasnt the fastest transaction but all parties involved got what they wanted". he didnt get the correct one, called the guy on it and it was fixed. is that really worth a negative or neutral? people make mistakes

And he still did not get the right one.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wait... so two balls, and neither are the correct one pictured?? If he does not respond to your second round of emails telling him he still hasn't sent the correct ball, then I would not leave a positive for a ball that is not the one pictured, and for the auto being smudged. The picture from the auction is clearly a very nice ball, well written, no smudges, etc. If he isn't going to send that ball and you do end up keeping the smudged one, he deserves a neutral since he did fix the problem once, but still sent the wrong item. So I guess after saying all that, you'll have to base your feedback on whether he makes good on everything or leaves you hanging.

You could always report it as item not received as pictured and get your money back. Hope it works out man.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
muchuckwagon said:
Who debates for weeks what type of feedback to leave....and it seems rather weak to not be able to decide for yourself how to handle this situation. Sack up, make a decision and move on....

4 1/2 of those weeks include the time it took for me to actually get the final item.

I'm asking for advice because I don't like to leave people shatty feedback if it's unwaranted.

Thanks for the constructive advice :|

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
muchuckwagon said:

4 1/2 of those weeks include the time it took for me to actually get the final item.

I'm asking for advice because I don't like to leave people shatty feedback if it's unwaranted.

Thanks for the constructive advice :|
I don't see anything wrong with asking for advice. I would like to know though, what are you asking the seller or intending to do with the ball you have now that's smudged? Are you trying to get the actual ball from the auction or just telling the seller he effed up again?

Members online

Latest posts