Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best bang for the buck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm trying to decide what would be my best option for a set this year. I'm torn between Topps Heritage, Gypsy Queen or Allen and Ginter. I'm taking into account the cost of boxes, difficultly to complete a set (hard but not too hard) and chances of maybe having some trade bait coming out of it. I'm thinking of Gypsy Queen because the checklist for heritage seems a little weak. Anyone have any thoughts?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Opening Day.

Seriously.

Sets can net you $12-$15 at release (usually get one set in a box), you'll get 7 3-D inserts that sell for $1-$5 each, you'll get several blue parallels /2015 that sell for a buck or more each (I was getting $10 for Machado and Harper in '13, similar with Puig in '14), and if you buy multiple boxes you can build the Superstar Celebrations and other insert sets. Those go for $10-$12 or so as well

Oh, and boxes run under $30

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
heritage is always fun but I wouldn't call it a "best bang for your buck" product. If you want to build a heritage set the best bang for your buck is to wait a few months from release buy a base set for $20 plus shipping, then buy some sp lots to get pretty close to finishing, wait a few more months and then buy the last sp's you need from comc. Still fun and you can get it done for a little over $100 bucks usually. Haven't ever built a gypsy queen or Ginter set but out of the two I think I would prefer Ginter.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
heritage is always fun but I wouldn't call it a "best bang for your buck" product. If you want to build a heritage set the best bang for your buck is to wait a few months from release buy a base set for $20 plus shipping, then buy some sp lots to get pretty close to finishing, wait a few more months and then buy the last sp's you need from comc. Still fun and you can get it done for a little over $100 bucks usually. Haven't ever built a gypsy queen or Ginter set but out of the two I think I would prefer Ginter.

Thanks for that. I thought of doing that, I just know some of the sps can be tough but that sounds both fun and economical

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Heritage...i've sold sets from back to 2001 and got pretty close to book vs other products. that goes for the Update sets too.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd say A&G too, especially if you like the offbeat "other" cards.

You'll get more autos in Gypsy Queen, but they're unlikely to be big Bucks...

Latest posts