Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay changing again!!!! Some good some bad!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
2015 SPRING SELLER UPDATE
Bringing more visibility and value to your listings

eBay is introducing changes designed to improve the health of our marketplace and make it easier for buyers to find the items they want. Read about the changes in detail.

Fee updates encourage use of listing formats and durations for greater selling success
To improve the visibility of sought-after merchandise—and help sellers increase their sales—eBay is introducing a number of updates to eBay's listing fees and features on May 1. Changes include:
  • Unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells (exclusions apply[SUP]†[/SUP]).
  • Adjustments to monthly allotments of free listings. eBay will update the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for both eBay Stores subscribers and sellers without an eBay Store.
  • The 10-day duration on auction-style listings will no longer have an added feature fee. Sellers can maximize visibility and enjoy our longest duration for auction-style listings.
  • A $1 special duration feature fee per listing for sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listings. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful. <---- I DO NOT LIKE THIS! ebay sure doesn't know the card market.. lol
  • Reserve price will increase. This feature fee will increase in price to the greater of $3, or 2% of the reserve price (the minimum price that must be met for your item to sell), with a cap of $100.
See all updates to fees and features.

Achieve Greater Selling Success,
Based on these changes, you could have the opportunity to achieve greater selling success by taking the following actions prior to May 1:
  • Consider listing fixed price more often, especially for items that have a clear market value or when you know the price you want for your item. List auction-style for premium items when the value may fluctuate, when price is unknown, or when there is intense buyer demand for a limited item.
  • Modify your listings—the price, title, and photos—to increase the likelihood of a sale. Search sold listings on eBay to find recent market values.
  • Choose longer durations, as the longer a listing appears on the site, the more opportunities it has to be found by buyers: 7- or 10-day for auction–style—now with no feature fee—and Good 'Til Cancelled for fixed price listings.
Increase visibility for your items with product identifiers
Later this year, sellers will be required to include certain product identifiers, such as a manufacturer part number (MPN), on new listings of branded items in new condition within select categories.

The additional identifiers can increase your item's visibility in search results on eBay and across the Web, and help shoppers find and purchase your items more easily. To take full advantage of these benefits now, be sure to include product identifiers every time you list.

Category and item specific updates
As always, eBay continues to update Categories and Item Specifics to help interested buyers find your items quickly and easily. Check to see if your listings are affected.

What to do next
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,

Jordan Sweetnam
VP, Seller Experience

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mass wax breakers will be tearing their hair out at the $1 extra for one and three day auctions, seeing how the first cards of newly released products to go off generally fetch the most.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Mass wax breakers will be tearing their hair out at the $1 extra for one and three day auctions, seeing how the first cards of newly released products to go off generally fetch the most.

Yeah , that's quite the catch 22, do it and be first, but get tagged for a ton in fees, or go to 5 days. Or increase their s/h. It says exclusions apply, which I have not read yet, but the first part does state successful auction listing will get their fees back , so that could be good if it applies to 1-3 days as well

Ryan

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida

yes, I agree,
They should do the card market category different because we are a different breed of buyers & sellers...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
In an (un?)related story, 2015 Bowman is currently slated to release - you guessed it - 5/1.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
In an (un?)related story, 2015 Bowman is currently slated to release - you guessed it - 5/1.

so for people getting it before May 1st, will make out like a bandit!

or shipping will go up $1.00 an item for 1 to 3 day auctions

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So when should all sellers expect a letter like this? :p:confused:

Dear "valuable" eBay seller:

The following are new rules which will be starting in the near future.

1. Immediately upon auction end, the high bidder will automatically receive a positive feedback and the following description "exceptional bidder, immediate payment."

This feedback will automatically be entered the second an auction ends even if buyer hasn't paid yet. MORE TIME AND LESS WORK FOR YOU, OUR VALUABLE SELLER!!

2. All sportcard purchases MUST involve a NEW toplader and team bag. If tape is used to seal the top loader or no team bag is used or it's scratched, you will automatically receive a negative PER.

3. Keeping with sportcards, a seller MUST completely and accurately list in his auction what grade a card (even if being sold raw) will get if the buyer decides to professionally grade it.

If the card comes back professionally graded with a different grade (better or worse), the seller MUST issue a refund AND the buyer does not need to return the card.

Thank you for your cooperation

Your friends

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I didnt realize that the 500 free listings for premium store are for Fixed Price only starting in May...
So right now, I am basically using my free items for both, but I never use more than my allotted free auctions...
and most of the time, ebay gives me thousands of free Fixed price listings a month (over the 500)...
So why should I pay for the store if I can't use the listings for auction listings?
So give up the store, and pay for the few hundred auctions per month that will sell and most of that will be credited back when they sell...

so If I sell over $5000 a month, then I should keep the store as FVF is 9% instead of 10%
If I sell less, then get rid of it!

Just when you have it down pat, ebay comes in and changes it..

#ThanksTopps

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Just when you have it down pat, ebay comes in and changes it..

+100000

I am an EBAY shareholder and somewhat frequent seller of late. The pattern of changing the rules-of-the-game every so many months is driving me crazy. I have called them numerous times but nobody cares.

I have prospered a little as a shareholder and seller and know I can take by business elsewhere if I am unhappy. I can usually roll with the changes but I just don't get why they continually make these changes.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Anybody ever wonder what the most popular and highest grossing categories on eBay are? Maybe they make the changes to make those sellers happier...cause they for sure don't listen to people in this hobby

Thanks,
Jeff

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I am an EBAY shareholder and somewhat frequent seller of late. The pattern of changing the rules-of-the-game every so many months is driving me crazy. I have called them numerous times but nobody cares.

I'm a ebay shareholder as well. don't sell much. I can't wait until the Paypal/Ebay stock spinoff so I can keep paypal stock and decide whether to ditch ebay stock. I'm guessing all the changes are because they think they can make more money (higher ending price and thus more fees) if they can influence people to list auction-style rather than slap a BIN that may not get hit because it's excessive or may get hit because it's lower than what an auction might end at. I'm just fearful the more they mess with ebay auctions, the more ebay auctions itself will see declining revenue.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I wonder what these exclusions are......

• Unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells (exclusions apply[SUP]†[/SUP]).

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
All I have to do is make a phone call, and I could put ebay out of business....

A call to my stock broker and tell him to buy me some ebay stock!

and ebay would go down in flames !!!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I have not upgraded to a store and am now limited to 40 free listings per month. I understand that I will get listing fees back should my auction items sell (over the 20/40) free listings.

I normally receive promotional offers once a month for large quantities of free listings, however, I have not received one of these offers since early March. In the past I would normally have 200-250 listings of books, collectibles and clothing but now only have 40-50 listings and my sales have dried up big time.

Guess I'll be patient, but I'm making less money now and EBAY is certainly making less off of me.

Members online

Latest posts