Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Touki Toussaint/Bronson Arroyo Traded to the Braves For Phil Gosselin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Man, he barely got his pro career started in AZ's system, and now Hart has nabbed him for Atlanta.

Nice grab. Wonder what the rest of this trade looks like.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Braves acquire RHP Touki Toussaint from #DBacks. Rest of trade not know. DBacks’ No. 5 prospect, per Baseball America.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sources: Bronson Arroyo also going to #Braves .

Source: #DBacks getting IF Phil Gosselin for Arroyo, Toussaint. Clearing money.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why AZ? Just to clear money. Seems like they could have been able to do that without giving up a young arm.

Hart is doing a great job in ATL.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Toussaint 3.69 ERA in seven starts at Class A Kane County. Has not thrown curveball all season. #DBacks wanted him to work on FB/CH command.

Which so happens to be his best pitch. Graded a 70 by most scouts. Hopefully the Braves have a clue.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I love KLaw's reactions to trades. :)

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA #dbacks

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB
Most inexplicable trade ever.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler
. @FBI Investigate the Braves next

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Dave Stewart is truly and simply clueless.

Arizona Diamondbacks ‏@Dbacks
Stew: "With this year's draft we stacked our minor league system with college guys" who are ahead of Touki Toussaint on depth chart.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I hate Keith Law with a passion, but I am 100% with him. Nothing to say that hasn't been said :mad:

An absolutely clueless, cheap organization. Future continues to get dimmer and dimmer.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Wow this trade makes no sense even if it is about dumping salary, as I'm sure that Touki would not have had to be included. You never trade a potential future top of rotation starter just to dump salary.

Chris Hatfield@SPChrisHatfield 7h7 hours ago
Holy crap this DBacks trade. Arizona fans, I'm so, so sorry.

Chris Hatfield@SPChrisHatfield 6h6 hours ago
Similarish Red Sox comp: If Red Sox traded Michael Kopech and Shane Victorino for nothing to avoid paying latter. Just awful.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
****ing unreal ... This is beyond mind-numbing. Dave Stewart is truly an idiot in the front office, who's phone should be ringing off the hook after this 'deal'. Kudos to John Hart.

Members online