Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shelby Miller Traded to the DBacks For Aaron Blair/Dansby Swanson!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. Blair/Shipley/Bradley? :)

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #DBacks agree to acquire Shelby Miller from #Braves, pending a review of medical records.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks like there's more to this on Atlanta's end.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
The #Dbacks send OF Ender Inciarte and others to #Braves in Miller deal, per @Joelsherman1, enabling them to keep *******

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Holy f*****g sh*t! The Braves just made out like f*****g bandits!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So how long before teams are just going to be able to trade draft picks?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For Miller? Why? Dumbest move ever.

I assume by the above you disagree with me. Blair is projected as a future frontline SP, and distinguished himself as AZ's top arm this season. Swanson now has a clear path to the bigs with both Simmons and Lamb not standing in his way at short.

I don't think you'll find many who think AZ won this trade. I couldn't list the last of my Miller autos fast enough.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'm good with it. I don't care at all about prospects, and I'm all for going all in with Goldy and ******* in their prime.

Is my thinking smart? No, definitely not. Would I normally be upset about this kind of trade? Heck yes. But I've spent too much time griping over moves and not just enjoying the game. I just want to watch a group of guys I really enjoyed watching last year be competitive, so bring on 2016.

jwblue

Sep 6, 2014
The vast majority of the time even top prospects do not fulfill their potential. It sounds like a fair trade.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The vast majority of the time even top prospects do not fulfill their potential. It sounds like a fair trade.

I def agree with this and am glad they are going to be competitive (I hope), and I don't care about the prospects , just think they have up to many of them. If we could of held on to one of the 3,
I woulda felt a lil better. But we shall see. Lets hope the 3 era can translate into wins this year.

Ryan

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Why crap on Miller...'cause he lost 17 games last yr?

He had the 11'th best ERA in the NL 3.02...while his run support per start was 2.64.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Great trade for the dbacks. They'd be lucky if one of those prospects pan out. And they get a decent starter out of it.

I'll take the proven player everytime.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good trade for both teams. I'd give the edge to the Braves because of Swanson. Great kid, from a good college program, with a lot of talent. The SS position is his to lose, now that Simmons is gone.

With a needed change of scenary, and run production, Miller should fit in nicely as the #2 starter behind Grienke. This trade solidifies the Dbacks rotation. The Braves wanted Pollack and the Dbacks were smart to leave him out of the trade.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I love the trade for ATL. Getting this haul for Miller is very impressive. Inciarte replaces Maybin (whom they did use Gabe Speier, who they acquired from Detroit in that trade, to go w/Miller to AZ) and Blair / Dansby are top flight prospects. Braves aren't gonna do anything for a couple years, so to get this haul for Miller, who'd presumably have a similar season to what he had last year (great pitching to no offense and a brutal record w/stout #'s otherwise), I'm more than o.k. w/them parting with Shelby.

I love the trade for AZ because Miller is young and solid and gives them a 1-2-3 in the rotation that rivals most other teams. Greinke, Miller, Corbin. That's as solid as they come and they want to win now. Gotta go for that brass ring while the opportunity is there.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
I assume by the above you disagree with me. Blair is projected as a future frontline SP, and distinguished himself as AZ's top arm this season. Swanson now has a clear path to the bigs with both Simmons and Lamb not standing in his way at short.

I don't think you'll find many who think AZ won this trade. I couldn't list the last of my Miller autos fast enough.

Where does that leave Erick Aybar? Trade bait?

Members online

Latest posts