Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Archives SIGNATURE series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/09/2015-topps-archives-signature-series-baseball-first-look/

By Ryan Cracknell | Hobby Editor

2015 Topps Archives Signature Series Baseball is a limited edition product that consists entirely of autographed buybacks.

Every card is serial numbered and the checklist is kept relatively small.

2015 Topps Archives Signature Series Baseball is a simple product. Each pack has just one card — an original Topps card that has been autographed. All signatures are on-card. Each also comes encased in a protective holder.

Although an official checklist of signers has yet to be released (the images below are mock-ups), Topps did say that no more than 65 players appear in the product.

While buybacks and autographed buybacks have appeared consistently in Topps baseball products over the last few years, this is their first buyback-only product. The closest equivalent would be 2006 Bowman Originals Baseball, which had two signed modern Bowman buybacks per pack.

2015 Topps Archives Signature Series Baseball at a glance:

Packs per box: 1
Cards per pack: 1
Boxes per case: 20
Release date: December 9, 2015

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Comments suggest $40-$50 Srp which I'd be very surprised as I'm thinking twice that because of very small checklist and buy backs.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It wouldn't be a bad idea if it was all RC cards or first Topps cards, and only use players who didn't ever have a Topps Chrome Auto base card. And yes, with that criteria the PP may be higher. I've always thought they should do BuyBack autos of all the key cards from each set, not only as of now, but when they were released. So for example 1987 Topps would have Clark , Bonds , McGwire, Canseco , Daniels , Snyder etc.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Remember when Leaf had this same idea

Sure and none of this is new in terms Buybacks , but when done well it works. Donruss Recollections are popular , Leaf 1990 Buyback RC autos are popular, etc. If Leaf did BuyBack Autos of 1987 Leaf Clark's etc Id want it. Though I really would care and haven't cared for ones like 91/92 Leaf. It has to be a card that mattered at some point for me to have interest.

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I hope even the small checklist isn't made up like the regular Archives product.

Aaron
Koufax
Trout
Barfield x1000
Oquendo x 3000
Chris Owings x 1.2 million
Chaz Roe x infinity and beyond

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
What are the odds there is at least 1 redemption card in this product? I'm betting Willie Mays.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Look who is the centerpiece of that ad ! Hahaha , crazy.

Some cards like the Gooden and RJ (RCs) are exactly what I'd want in it, but the other random cards are eh to me.

Ryan

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
-All players will have one signed rookie card. It will be a 1/1.
-Other cards will be from other years, but only playing years. So there won't be a signed 1999 Topps Hank Aaron, for example.

looks like 61 players if I counted right

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
That's a totally awesome srp.

But with that being said, also makes me suspicious because it's so low AND a buy back.

I suppose that it'll be only base topps cards (so no bowman, etc) and I also would think guys like Correa and ichiro will be in it because of their deals.

But speaking of correa, could he REALLY be in it considering his first topps card will be this year and that wouldn't constitute a buy back.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
-All players will have one signed rookie card. It will be a 1/1.
-Other cards will be from other years, but only playing years. So there won't be a signed 1999 Topps Hank Aaron, for example.

looks like 61 players if I counted right

Now I dislike it if only 1 of each RC exists... Numbered to the year woulda been great. Like /86 , /89 etc

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts