Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hobby box of 2023 Topps Big League

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I was hesitant to buy a box of this for reasons I'll mention later, but there's hardly anything else this year I'm looking forward to (except Archives), so I finally caved in. Anyways, 18 packs per box with 8 cards per pack. Now the goodies...

Notable base: Ronald Acuna Jr, Aaron Judge, Julio Rodriguez
18 Silver SPs: Includes Matt Olson
Blue SP: Anthony Rizzo
Red SP: Miguel Cabrera
8 Bit Ballers: Pete Alonso, Ken Griffey Jr, Gunnar Henderson, Juan Soto
City Slickers: Corbin Carroll, Freddie Freeman, Manny Machado, Christoper Morel, Bobby Witt Jr.
Mascots: Mr. Met (Mets), Paws (Tigers)
Roll Call: Kris Bryant, Albert Pujols, Babe Ruth, Mike Trout
Topps Big Leaguers: Ken Griffey Jr, Christopher Morel, Luis Robert, Juan Soto, Mike Trout

Pros: The insert designs are nice for the most part. 8 Bit Ballers is a homage to the NES gaming generation, Roll Call has some nice graffiti art, and Big Leaguers are reminiscent of the 1992 Topps Kids brand.

Cons: By far my biggest beef is that a third of the set are SPs and not ideal for set collecting, especially in a product marketed for kids. Even worse is that the key RCs are part of the rare red foils. If all these foils were parallels instead of SPs, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Oh, and I pulled one of the dreaded child influencer SPs (Ryan Johnson, i.e. CardCollector2). At least it wasn't Geoff Wilson.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
LOVE the Big League, esp now that they're about $30 per box.

Did a bunch of boxes and got an auto in about 3/4 of them...

Members online

Latest posts