Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

YouTube 2015 Topps Dynasty box busting for other people?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Has anyone seen these videos? I'd be pissed if I purchased a box and someone else opened them and then sent the already opened cards to me.

Also, they are destroying the packaging.... What's up with that? Cards that high end, I would want the complete package.

Has anyone seen the eBay bidding for this same product, but for certain players listed in the title? Like the eBay link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Topps-Dynasty-Baseball-5Box-Case-Player-Break-Steven-Matz-/361451237952?hash=item54282c3240:g:6n0AAOSwNyFWcsQ7

Seems like a scam to me.

Maybe I have just been out of this for too long.....

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If you haven't been actively around cards for the last five years, then yes, I can see how this could come off as a scam. But both the online breaking and player drafts in massive group breaks is standard practice now.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Amazing.... I would have never thought it to be legit.

Thank you hive17, I have been out of this for over 15 years.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Amazing.... I would have never thought it to be legit.

Thank you hive17, I have been out of this for over 15 years.

Ya as Hive said, it's basically the common thing now. Buying into team / player breaks or box breaks. Major part of the industry now.

Ryan

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thanks Ryan. I am slowly learning that the hobby has definitely gotten more high tech from the early 00's.

Is the end point of team / player breaks to get the ones that you want? What if there isn't that team / player in that pack / box? Does the seller just keep the $ and list the cards for sale and keeps that $ as well?

It seems more like a lottery for the bidders and a win / win for the sellers, as they have the potential to essentially sell twice as long as the team / players aren't in that pack / box. Some of those pack breaks went for hundreds.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Thanks Ryan. I am slowly learning that the hobby has definitely gotten more high tech from the early 00's.

Is the end point of team / player breaks to get the ones that you want? What if there isn't that team / player in that pack / box? Does the seller just keep the $ and list the cards for sale and keeps that $ as well?

It seems more like a lottery for the bidders and a win / win for the sellers, as they have the potential to essentially sell twice as long as the team / players aren't in that pack / box. Some of those pack breaks went for hundreds.

On products like this, it is, you are hoping to get the player you bid on.. But if you bid $5.00 on Matz and get him, you walk away happy,
The seller is selling everyone from the checklist.
The seller still has to sell enough to pay for the case, and pay 12% fees on the whole break..
so its not a big loss for the buyer if the card is not hit, but if its a Bryant and the buyer spends $200 on the spot and doesnt get a hit, then he's out, but if you buy into breaks you should know what risks you are getting into.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Has anyone seen these videos? I'd be pissed if I purchased a box and someone else opened them and then sent the already opened cards to me.

Also, they are destroying the packaging.... What's up with that? Cards that high end, I would want the complete package.

my thoughts...

I don't think it's worth it for someone else to open my cards and send it to me. As a buyer, I don't get a price break on the box in exchange for letting the person who opens it getting promotional value by getting to film and post it on youtube as advertising for them.

I also don't like how the packs are ripped open savagely - could lead to card damage. I open my own packs by cutting across the top of the pack with scissors and sliding the cards out as to not damage them (and have quality condition wrappers to send in if there is a wrapper redemption program).

as for group team breaks, not worth it either as many will only send you the hits and not all the base/inserts as well (or send you nothing at all that you won like me in a free break I participated in a few years ago).

the best way I see it is buy your own boxes and open your own cards since there is no monetary advantage or card condition advantage or trust advantage to letting someone else do it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts