Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ivan Nova throws AWESOME parties....or maybe his ex does

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
lawsuit claims Yankees starter Ivan Nova left a rented home in White Plains uninhabitable because of his “raucous parties,” and the owner is asking for more than $250,000 in damages.

Nova claims he never even lived in White Plains, much less destroyed a home there.

"That's completely a lie,” Nova said on Wednesday. “I wasn't living there. It was my ex-wife who lived there. She moved out. I don't know exactly what happened. Obviously they're going to go with me because my ex-wife and my baby used to live there. I wasn't living there.”

The owner of the home, Jose Rodriguez, filed the lawsuit late Tuesday night. Nova said he found out about it only through social media.

“Obviously there are people who want to take advantage of opportunities and you have to understand that,” Nova said. “I'm good. I have nothing to do with that, and we're going to fight it.”

The lawsuit paints a picture of a reckless professional athlete who allegedly moved into the property at 124 Sherman Ave.*in June of 2014 and left in September 2015.

“As a lifelong Yankees fan, and given the world*class reputation of the Yankees organization and its players, plaintiff felt honored to have a tenant of defendant Ivan Nova’s stature,” the lawsuit reads.
The lawsuit notes broken lights, broken windows, damaged kitchen equipment, a damaged driveway, “gum stains in various areas,” and a ****roach infestation.

“The home was in a totally unsanitary condition and uninhabitable,” according to the document.

Nova, though, underwent Tommy John surgery in 2014 and said he spent that year living and rehabbing in Tampa, Florida. When he has lived in the New York area, it’s always been in either New Jersey or Yonkers, he said.

"My ex-wife used to live there, so obviously they're going to put my name involved with that,” Nova said. “I had nothing to do with that.”
Jasmine Nova is also listed as a defendant. Nova said the two were divorced during the time in question, and his name is not on the lease for the home.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Seems like his name shouldn't be in the story. If his name really isn't on the lease I wonder what the story is?

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts