Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan Schafer has won the Braves centerfield job.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
It's official.

Rotoworld.com

Schafer was an underdog coming into camp, but Josh Anderson's trade to Detroit left only Gregor Blanco as competition. Blanco has been informed that he will open the season in Triple-A after Schafer earned the job with a .344/.373/.500 line this spring. Schafer is expected to hit leadoff with the potential for 15-20 homers and 20+ steals as a full-time player. He's a must-add in NL-only leagues.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
AKA Coastal said:
It's official.

Rotoworld.com

Schafer was an underdog coming into camp, but Josh Anderson's trade to Detroit left only Gregor Blanco as competition. Blanco has been informed that he will open the season in Triple-A after Schafer earned the job with a .344/.373/.500 line this spring. Schafer is expected to hit leadoff with the potential for 15-20 homers and 20+ steals as a full-time player. He's a must-add in NL-only leagues.

Really.....that's news to me.....Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
bikerider60 said:
AKA Coastal said:
It's official.

Rotoworld.com

Really.....that's news to me.....Go YANKS!!!!!!!!!!

I know everyone was assuming Schafer would win it,but Blanco was still in the mix. I just thought it would start some good conversation or we could talk about Beefy's thread some more.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I am a little suprised that he would bat lead-off as a Rookie. I expected him to be seventh or so to protect him , but, the Braves more often than not know what they are doing...

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I really think Blanco lost any shot at being the starter once he decided to play in the WBC. Tough break, but I'm behind Jordan all the way!

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
Exposfan said:
I am a little suprised that he would bat lead-off as a Rookie. I expected him to be seventh or so to protect him , but, the Braves more often than not know what they are doing...
the previous lead off man was kelly johnson

i'd rather have KJ batting leadoff than Schafer (especially if it drops KJ 6th or lower in the order)

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
well i'm pleased

picked up an 05 xfractor a couple weeks ago for $20, flipped mid week for $40 (now looks I sold a little early). However, picked up two threads autos at the same time for $10 each to hedge my bets a little, flipped one for $40 this morning, just listed the other.

Members online

Latest posts