Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

..........Sunday Morning Thread.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Morning everyone. Ready for tomorrow or what? I feel like sleeping all day just to get it over with, but I just got up so I don't think that will happen, lol.

Art

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Morning everyone. Ready for tomorrow or what? I feel like sleeping all day just to get it over with, but I just got up so I don't think that will happen, lol.

Art
Good Morning! what is tomorrow? Baseball starts tonight. Oh tomorrow the rest of the league plays. LOL
and also there will be a good College basketball game as well.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
about time someone woke up !!!!
what are you refering to "tomorrow"?
ncaa ? wrong team keeps winning and in this state your for or against.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning everyone.

yesterday was a sad day here in Pittsburgh. 3 police officers were killed by a 22 yr old discharged Marine who was suffering from depression and who said he was afraid the government was going to ban guns. the officers were responding to a call from his mother and he ambushed 2 of them as they came in the front door with an AK-47 and shot the 3rd as he was getting out of his car (he was off duty and trying to help his fellow officers). after a lengthy standoff and after he fired 1000's of rounds he finally surrendered. he was wearing a bulletproof vest and was heavily armed.

post-gazette.com

sorry for the somber read on a Sunday morning but this just makes me sad. three men lost their lives and three families lost a loved one because this guy needed mental help and didn't seek it.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
pghbuccos said:
morning everyone.

yesterday was a sad day here in Pittsburgh. 3 police officers were killed by a 22 yr old discharged Marine who was suffering from depression and who said he was afraid the government was going to ban guns. the officers were responding to a call from his mother and he ambushed 2 of them as they came in the front door with an AK-47 and shot the 3rd as he was getting out of his car (he was off duty and trying to help his fellow officers). after a lengthy standoff and after he fired 1000's of rounds he finally surrendered. he was wearing a bulletproof vest and was heavily armed.

post-gazette.com

sorry for the somber read on a Sunday morning but this just makes me sad. three men lost their lives and three families lost a loved one because this guy needed mental help and didn't seek it.

Ok, so I'll say it this way. Tomorrow is opening day for the "Mets", and I really don't care to watch basketball, so the NCAA is a mute point with me, lol.

Dave, that's some pretty sad stuff right there, but I wonder about the bolded statement. Did he need it and not "seek it", or did he need it and "not get it"?

Art

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Good morning to everyone. Few more hours till the season starts im a tigers fan but i am excited to be able to sit down and watch a game cant wait.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
pghbuccos said:
three men lost their lives and three families lost a loved one because this guy needed mental help and didn't seek it.

Ok, so I'll say it this way. Tomorrow is opening day for the "Mets", and I really don't care to watch basketball, so the NCAA is a mute point with me, lol.

Dave, that's some pretty sad stuff right there, but I wonder about the bolded statement. Did he need it and not "seek it", or did he need it and "not get it"?

Art

his aunt was interviewed last night and she said he was having trouble finding a job and was suffering from depression and wouldn't talk to anyone about it and acted violently towards others recently. so I guess it could be both he needed it and "didn't seek it" but at the same time he needed it and his family didn't help him "get it".

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
pghbuccos said:
pghbuccos said:
three men lost their lives and three families lost a loved one because this guy needed mental help and didn't seek it.

Art

his aunt was interviewed last night and she said he was having trouble finding a job and was suffering from depression and wouldn't talk to anyone about it and acted violently towards others recently. so I guess it could be both he needed it and "didn't seek it" but at the same time he needed it and his family didn't help him "get it".

Ok, I just hate to hear about these types of stories when it comes to our military personel. Alot of times I believe they could have been prevented had some one said something about it before hand, and it seems that the family knew he had a problem and did nothing. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Morning George.

Art

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
You can't force people to get help if they don't want it..too bad,this never should have happened..do they know why he was kicked out of the military..Is it legal to own an ak-47 in the States?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
no they haven't said why he was released from the Marines. yes AK-47's are legal in the US except for California, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

someone made a good point yesterday on the news that the police are going into gun battles with citizens that are armed with AK-47's and other semi automatic assault riffles and are wearing bulletproof vests and they are only armed with a pistol or a riffle. it's just wrong to send these men and women into a battle with a pistol, maybe a riffle, a vest and nothing else.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Good morning guys. Just got to work. I have a big announcement later (99.9% of you probably won't care).

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Thursday minor league baseball starts at home!!! some of you will be getting something this season from your team in minors .
Sad about officers , military troops are trained to kill but not all are trained for return to civilian life .
Having worked at local police dept 1970's some places then were not safe . more links to bad news makes usa sound not safe .
Having just watched history channell telling about battles here is a stat ;70,000 killed in 6 hours . when ? hannibal in italy 200 bc with spears,swords vs romans .
point i'm making ; man will kill with anything anywhere.
How safe are you with a gun in a gun safe ?

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
MASSSIVE retail break in 15 minutes

uhh...

..the likes of which has never been done before on becketted or here..not even close

over 200 retail packs...

Members online

Latest posts