Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hell Yeah!!! Garcia Signs With Oakland!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
AWESOME!!!!!!! Love Garcia, he used to hang out at the same night club as me when he played for Calgary Stampeders in the CFL :D

Ill have to buy a Garcia Raiders jersey :cool:

G

madman1978 said:
Good move FINALLY by the raiders!
So whats the pool?
What week Does he start ?

Week 1 hopefully!

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
While I agree that Garcia is a VERY good QB, how on earth is this a good move? With all the money they have spent on Russell and McFadden ALONE; plus don't they already have like 2 other QB's and like 3-4 extra RB's? Why not work on the line a little bit? Or some WR that can catch?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
SeattlefantillIdie said:
While I agree that Garcia is a VERY good QB, how on earth is this a good move? With all the money they have spent on Russell and McFadden ALONE; plus don't they already have like 2 other QB's and like 3-4 extra RB's? Why not work on the line a little bit? Or some WR that can catch?
Ya know, I didn't think of it in that perspective. Nice thought.

G

bigalexx said:
Doesn't matter, the Raiders will still finish 4-12

dude...do you even watch football ;) LOVE the Santana's in your sig....don't collect baseball...but I love the Angels....Santana is the shiznit!

G

Card Magnet said:
SeattlefantillIdie said:
Ya know, I didn't think of it in that perspective. Nice thought.

he's got some good points there doesn't he....but Garcia isn't taking a huge chunk out of the salary cap....under 2 mil for one year......plenty of teams use high draft picks and give big money to QB's that don't pan out......look at SF and Alex Smith......Raiders have done some OLine work in Free Agency.....and are likely to draft Crabtree or Maclin....so Garcia will definitely have someone to throw to.....he's already got a descent TE in Zack Miller.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Garcia has been signed to be the backup and he is a massive improvement over last years backups - Walter and Tuisosoppo. Oakland will be a run first team with the three headed rushing attack of Fargas/McFadden/Bush - meaning Jamarcus will only need to throw 18-24 times per game. Look at the last three games of last season as a bluprint to see how Oakland would like to operate its offence in 2009. If Russell plays in 2009 like in the final three games of 2008 (look at the stats) you won't see Garcia on the field very often.

In the draft I hope they go best OT available for the ZBS they utilise or BJ Raji to help shore up the atrocious run-d in round one. They are likely to go WR though - one of Crabtree, Maclin or Heyward-Bey (look at his numbers and remember Al Davis craves speed and Heyward-Bey has more than anyone else in the draft).

Members online

Latest posts