Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It is me....

How would you rate the recent posting activity on the FCB?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
.....or does it seem like the posting activity on the FCB has been starting to slow down lately?

I thought there would be more buzz on the boards with baseball season starting.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think there isn't a ton to talk about right now without new products, MILB hasn't started so there isn't a ton of prospect performances to discuss right now, and no huge sales lately that were real.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Why does the date of June 9th keep getting thrown around? I've see it in more than one post. I'm sure it's obvious, but what am I missing?

D-day. :cool:

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
beefycheddar said:
I think there isn't a ton to talk about right now without new products, MILB hasn't started so there isn't a ton of prospect performances to discuss right now, and no huge sales lately that were real.

Ah so it was a joke. I gave up paying attention.

Things have slowed down, but I do expect them to pick back up. I just hope it is prior to June 9. No disrespect to Jaypers and the other draftniks, but picking up in the prospect threads is not exactly what I'm waiting for.

Craig

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
LOL, is "draftniks" now a permanent part of the FCB lexicon following "chromies"? :cool:

Craig - 21hawk said:
beefycheddar said:

Ah so it was a joke. I gave up paying attention.

Things have slowed down, but I do expect them to pick back up. I just hope it is prior to June 9. No disrespect to Jaypers and the other draftniks, but picking up in the prospect threads is not exactly what I'm waiting for.

Craig

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think we are seeing a lot of members here on the way out due to financials.

Like everything, the "old guard" sticks around, but a lot of people here I think were buying outside of their means, and now during "crunch time" I think some are feeling it.

In the past month, I've seen more personal collections up for sale, and more people looking for PayPal than what is typical.

I may be wrong, but I think this is all cyclical.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I think we are seeing a lot of members here on the way out due to financials.

Like everything, the "old guard" sticks around, but a lot of people here I think were buying outside of their means, and now during "crunch time" I think some are feeling it.

In the past month, I've seen more personal collections up for sale, and more people looking for PayPal than what is typical.

I may be wrong, but I think this is all cyclical.

You are probably right. I am certainly still seeing the names I've seen for years, it is mostly newer names that haven't been popping up as much.

As for draftniks, I don't know where I picked that up (possibly in connection with the NFL Draft), but am positive I didn't come up with it.

Craig

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
seems a little slower, but could be due to things like-

economic woes- people losing jobs, having to sell collections (seems like those posts are more common lately), so not as active once they're 'out of the hobby'

people getting older- getting married, so having to sell collections; having a baby, so less time for the hobby; simply not as excited about posting on message boards as they used to be

spring break

lack of content- haven't seen much meaty prospect/baseball talk here lately as it seems like there used to be on bmb, so maybe people are going elsewhere

focus shifting- seems like more people are discovering HOF/vintage, so maybe they've moved over to net54, cu, etc.

disillusionment w/trying to make deals/trades- seems like people are way high on prices often or take forever to make a deal, so i'd rather spend that time buying on ebay/elsewhere

weather- hotter weather means peeps are probably outside rather than chained to their comps...unless of course they're still waiting to find out if the omg wossa paid $25k to kiss clay's superfractor thread was real

as for myself, i'm usually on here only when packing/shipping + w/an abundance of 'life stuff' going on (grandma fell again, was hospitalized again; mom's health's not doing well; etc.) + 'business stuff' (i sell more than cards + on more ids/places than ebay) going on, i've kinda lost that lovin feelin for message boards.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
notjomommasclint said:
in the last 2 weeks my overall posting is up 45% and includes 33% more clintosity... that said my quality is down 88%.

I have noticed a significant uptick in clintosity, but as that wasn't a poll response I had to skip it.

Craig

marterburn

maybe a little less active, but rainmanesq spelled out all the reasons.

I think it's just down as far as post volume, not number of posters over a given week.

I know I havent posted much in the last week, but have been reading just as much as I always do. Just don't really have much to say...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts