Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you accept an offer from someone who sounds like this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
"i made a 300 offer hopefully you accept it still is a gamble how he may perform on the platform. email me at *******@***.com if you accept please keep in loose plastic not squeezed spent hours choosing between only about seven cards similar. ill wait to move on after your response, i am new to ebay and would love to do buisiness with you."

Does this scream trouble?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Do you want to sell it at the price he offered? If so, I would say yes.

Just because someone types like that doesn't mean his money isn't good.

Why are you having reservations about accepting the offer?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
I wouldn't just based on the way he talked, I sold my PS2 on ebay and this guy big on it and talked like a foreigner and tried to send me his "salary" for like $4k and say just keep the extra $3850, which was a load of crap since the check was fake...

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I agree if its paypal and you insure it you should be covered

tonsofcommons said:
Do you want to sell it at the price he offered? If so, I would say yes.

Just because someone types like that doesn't mean his money isn't good.

Why are you having reservations about accepting the offer?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Not sure what the issue is. Even if it's not PayPal, if it's a money order, check, cashiers check, just make sure it's good before you send.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would make him do a US Postal Money order. Just take it, make sure it's good, cash it, and mail to him. PayPal still isn't 100% safe, especially for sellers. Let's just say, worst case, that he is using stolen PayPal funds/credit card. A person reports this, and the transaction could be reversed. Or he can always try and fake a claim, and PayPal leans more towards buyers, finding ways that the seller "isn't under the seller's protection" for some BS reason. That happened to me when I sold some things to somebody, although it was not on eBay.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
yea, if you do a MO and cash it then you will be fine. I guess I am just over cautious when dealing with a big $ card on ebay, lol. There just seem to be so many times when paypal will rule in favor of the buyer, even if everything says the seller did nothing wrong and the card arrived.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
From this guys languae, it sounds like he is the type to file a chargeback for any reason and attempt to keep the card. I just hate dealing with people that sound special ed.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bballcardkid said:
From this guys languae, it sounds like he is the type to file a chargeback for any reason and attempt to keep the card. I just hate dealing with people that sound special ed.
Could also be that English isn't his first language.

Members online

Latest posts