Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions: Hanley or Pujols?

Pujols vs. Hanley

• Albert Pujols

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Who would you take if you had the #1 draft pick? I would take Pujols. Maybe because I am partly biased to power. Who would you take?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Re: Talk: Hanley or Pujols?

I'd take Hanley because he can do more, he's probably the only guy in this era who can rather easily go 40-40 and maybe even 50-50 if he's feelin good, I think Pujols is a much better hitter, but Hanley can do alot more I think.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Pujols.

You say he's one dimensional.

.335 career batting average. 950 runs in 1243 games. 700 walks compared to 507 strikeouts. .426 on base percentage. 2867 total bases, that's more than 2 a game. 2 MVP awards (should have about 4, finished 2nd 3 times, and inexcusably finished 2 in 2006). 3 Silver Sluggers. 1 Gold Glove (should have about 4). .994 fielding percentage at 1st.

People say that the only reason he has such a good K/BB ratio, is because he gets intentionally walked so many times. Even without intentional walks, he still has more walks than strikeouts.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
If you are talking fantasy its EASILY Hanley. Not really even close in my opinion. If you are talking building a real team, I would actually still lean Hanley. I, for one, dont believe Pujols is the age he says he is, and SS is the most in demand position on the baseball field. Add speed, hr power, average, and what isnt there to like?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
If you are talking fantasy its EASILY Hanley. Not really even close in my opinion. If you are talking building a real team, I would actually still lean Hanley. I, for one, dont believe Pujols is the age he says he is, and SS is the most in demand position on the baseball field. Add speed, hr power, average, and what isnt there to like?
That's my take, he can steal 40 and hit 40...and he's what 23?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:

Why does everyone continue to believe this? What facts do you have to prove this? Just because he's from the Dominican means he has to lie about his age to get a contract?

Pujols was not found in the ball fields of the Domican Republic.

Pujols moved to the United States when he was 16, attended high school, then college, and incredibly flew under the radar until the Cardinals drafted him in the 1999 draft.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Jays_Cards said:
+1

potential 40-40 guy at shortstop! cmon!

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
This isn't even close. Hanley is a young star headed towards his prime. Pujols will be on the decline sooner than later. The guy is older than you think. I'd bet my collection on it.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
Jays_Cards said:
+1

potential 40-40 guy at shortstop! cmon!

exactly, a 40-40 or 30-30 at shortstop is huge. you can grab another 1b who will still produce. no means a knock on pujols

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Mah dudeeeeee...

IMG_0171.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Pujols all the way. By the looks of the poll looks like the majority go with Pujols also :p

I wouldnt say that..I know Im not the only one, but if I take the time to reply, I dont vote as well..

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Pujols all the way. By the looks of the poll looks like the majority go with Pujols also :p

I wouldnt say that..I know Im not the only one, but if I take the time to reply, I dont vote as well..
Well according to this Poll it is 70% to 29% in favor of Pujols and if that is not most then I dont know what is. I can guarantee that if espn had this same poll where 100,000+ vote it would still be in favor of Pujols by a landslide!! Hanley is good and I like the kid but he is no Pujols..

Members online

Latest posts