Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 09 The Show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
Is this not an amazing game??!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! The graphics are amazing and the commentary actually matches up with whats happening in the game...they werent lying when they said this was the most realistic baseball game ever! Anyone else feel this way?

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
thenumberonemetfan said:
The announcers are terrible and the road to the show is unrealistic but its one of my favorite games.

They do get annoying but at least it makes sense lol :lol:

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
The announcers are terrible and the road to the show is unrealistic but its one of my favorite games.

Does this happen to anyone else....Im playing and the announcer just keeps repeating the players name for a good 5 minutes?

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

Does this happen to anyone else....Im playing and the announcer just keeps repeating the players name for a good 5 minutes?

Not to me.... :?

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

Really,It happened to me in the show 08 too.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

what system do you have

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
[quote="thenumberonemetfan":ghbjkwyj]The announcers are terrible and the road to the show is unrealistic but its one of my favorite games.

what system do you have[/quote:ghbjkwyj]

ps3

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ostrander111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="ostrander111":yhbklx9j][quote="thenumberonemetfan":yhbklx9j]The announcers are terrible and the road to the show is unrealistic but its one of my favorite games.

what system do you have[/quote:yhbklx9j]

ps3[/quote:yhbklx9j]

LOL i have a PS2 and it never does that!

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
chuckbartowski said:
I still prefer 08 MLB The Show and play it over 09.

Really?? 08 annoys me cause when they throw it around the horn, 1 out of 3 times the ball sails into left field.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:

Really?? 08 annoys me cause when they throw it around the horn, 1 out of 3 times the ball sails into left field.

Weird...that doesn't happen on mine...

I think I like 08 better cuz I'm been playing it for over a year now, and I have my set up just about perfectly and I haven't spent the time in 09 to fix my team.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
chuckbartowski said:
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:

I think I like 08 better cuz I'm been playing it for over a year now, and I have my set up just about perfectly and I haven't spent the time in 09 to fix my team.

Happens to me all the time...and also i guy will hit a homerun and in the next inning the announcers will finally recognize it lol

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:

Happens to me all the time...and also i guy will hit a homerun and in the next inning the announcers will finally recognize it lol

The only annoying things that happen on mine is I have a home run robbed pretty much every game, and sometime after I hit a homerun with guys on, I will still have a guy on after the homerun.

ostrander111

Aug 7, 2008
PA
chuckbartowski said:
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:
ostrander111 said:
chuckbartowski said:

The only annoying things that happen on mine is I have a home run robbed pretty much every game, and sometime after I hit a homerun with guys on, I will still have a guy on after the homerun.

Alex (numberonemetfan) said that happened to him too...

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
I've never played the previous edition, but I would say that this year's is as close to perfect as a baseball video game has ever come. I love it. There are a lot of small, subtle things that they got right. I had a seven game win streak in jeopardy and in the bottom of the 9th they flashed to my dugout and made reference to this. I also enjoy the realistic fielding movements, i.e catchers sliding to block passed balls and imperfect throws home. Overall, just a great game. I will say this though, it took some tinkering with the sliders to get the gameplay just right. I also appreciate that the throwback uni's are available right out of the gate and that I don't have to 'earn' them.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
The PS2 version of 07 and 08 the ball sails into the outfield when they do the infield toss around. That doesnt happen in the ps3 versions. If you are still getting glitches or errors make sure you have downloaded the latest patch for the ps3 version.
I have noticed a few weird things on the 09 PS3 version. I have had players run through walls(was supposed to be fixed in the patch) and I have had Vladdy hit a left handed homerun when I used Abreu as a pinch hitter. It was Vlad in the batters box hitting from the left side, but in the replay and box score the HR was credited to Abreu.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I am currently in the top 200 online and am 60-8.

Four of my eight losses were because of internet problems during the first part of the game.

I have played for the last four years and average 14.67 K's per game.

Look for me, jordo2323

Then we'll get it on......

Members online

Latest posts