Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ted Williams's debut was 70 years ago today!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
MaineMule said:
Having just spent a couple of days in Cooperstown AND being a Williams collector, I could not resist posting this after stumbling across the article on the HOF web-site today.

http://web.baseballhalloffame.org/news/ ... y=hof_news

Hopefully will have my HOF pics up in a day or two.......

Looking forward to the pictures Scott! Since I've never been, for now the closest thing to immortal goosebumps I can get will have to be from looking at the pictures.

Any new Williams pickups lately? I haven't picked up any Wiliams for months, well haven't picked up anything for that matter. I knew his debut was sometime in late april, but good to finally nail down the date.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just goes to show, legends never die....

Oh, how I long for a 'Ted Williams' type player(human being) today...

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
wolfmanalfredo said:
MaineMule said:
Having just spent a couple of days in Cooperstown AND being a Williams collector, I could not resist posting this after stumbling across the article on the HOF web-site today.

Looking forward to the pictures Scott! Since I've never been, for now the closest thing to immortal goosebumps I can get will have to be from looking at the pictures.

Any new Williams pickups lately? I haven't picked up any Wiliams for months, well haven't picked up anything for that matter. I knew his debut was sometime in late april, but good to finally nail down the date.

Hey Andy, this was my 2nd Cooperstown trip.....always a great time!!

Check my Ted vintage thread for a few odd-ball items I have picked up recently- an old Cuban issue, a super-ball :lol: and a team issue I think are my most recent additions. Always on the lookout though.......

Totally coincidental that I found out his debut was today.

Hope all is well.....still working on the '57 set?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
MaineMule said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
MaineMule said:

Hey Andy, this was my 2nd Cooperstown trip.....always a great time!!

Check my Ted vintage thread for a few odd-ball items I have picked up recently- an old Cuban issue, a super-ball :lol: and a team issue I think are my most recent additions. Always on the lookout though.......

Totally coincidental that I found out his debut was today.

Hope all is well.....still working on the '57 set?

That I am, but collecting has taken a back seat to neccesities as of late. Still on the job hunt, so I've put a halt on my pc's and sets for now. Hopwe to get cracking on it again as soon as I possibly can.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
matfanofold said:
Just goes to show, legends never die....

Oh, how I long for a 'Ted Williams' type player(human being) today

...you got that right and I am not sure we'll ever see someone of his stature on and off the field again!

Pat Tilman (AZ Cardinals) is certainly a hero on the military front, but would not be on the same level as Williams as a player......

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I read recently (can't recall where unfortunately) that according to some, Williams was the best pilot they had ever seen. Hmmm, best hitter of all-time or best pilot of all-time? Why not both. :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome...He was an incredible hitter.

It's also very cool how many other future HOFers were playing in that game too! :)
What a pitching matchup!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts