Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best "new" Ballpark>>>>>?

Best new Ballpark?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
What do you think is the best park in this new era of building.

I left the New Yankee stadium off because no one can afford to go, and I left CitiField off because it's too new for any opinions to be made yet.

So what do you think is the best?

I've only been to 5 on this list, but I would say that PNC Park is the best of the bunch. Petco was nice too. Would love to go to AT+T some day......

edit: to clarify first sentence ;)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
jbone17 said:
Yankee Stadium and Citi Field don't count as new? :lol:

too new.

I assumed that 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the people here have not been. How can someone have an opinion on something so new?

Progessive (Jacobs) Field didn't make the list? Just wondering
\

Built 1994 or somewhere around there? Trying to leave that mini-building era out (Rangers field was around then too, so I'd have to add that, and not enough spots :p )

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I've already been to both New York parks. Yankee Stadium is so expensive that I'll be attending a game for $12 in a couple of weeks. You think I care if they're bleacher seats? It's more fun out there anyway. I went to the Mets game Sunday, and Citi is very nice - the Pepsi Porch seems to be a really cool place to watch a game from, though I was upper deck behind home plate. Perfectly fine view of the whole field and I liked the look of the park all around.

Overall, CitiField is a very nice ballpark, while Yankee Stadium is a palace with a baseball field in the middle. :lol:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I voted Miller because it's the only one I've been to. kind of hard to rate them against each other if you haven't been there.

I'd give an extra nod to Miller and Busch simply because the naming rights at least have something to do with the sport and the city. Coors Field too, while we're at it.

Miller and PNC would get extra marks for bang-for-the-buck, since the game's still affordable in those cities (I'm looking at you New York).

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
pujolsjunkie said:
I've already been to both New York parks. Yankee Stadium is so expensive that I'll be attending a game for $12 in a couple of weeks. You think I care if they're bleacher seats? It's more fun out there anyway. I went to the Mets game Sunday, and Citi is very nice - the Pepsi Porch seems to be a really cool place to watch a game from, though I was upper deck behind home plate. Perfectly fine view of the whole field and I liked the look of the park all around.

Overall, CitiField is a very nice ballpark, while Yankee Stadium is a palace with a baseball field in the middle. :lol:

That's pretty funny. I've heard that a lot. I'm wondering if it's really even necessary. I mean, who goes to the game and spends time not watching the game, but going through museums, shops, and what not? Seems like overkill. But then again it's the Yankees, so it fits. :lol:

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
nborton said:
pujolsjunkie said:

That's pretty funny. I've heard that a lot. I'm wondering if it's really even necessary. I mean, who goes to the game and spends time not watching the game, but going through museums, shops, and what not? Seems like overkill. But then again it's the Yankees, so it fits. :lol:

You know, I will say this...the Yanks were pretty good about not bombing fans with the Yankee brand name all over the park to get people buying things. There are some very cool historical displays, with the Yankee museum that has signed baseballs by many living and dead past Yanks, and the Great Hall. CitiField, however, has Mets stores EVERYWHERE, with little to no difference in any of them, and it's complete overkill. That, and the fact that the entrance to CitiField is a rotunda dedicated to someone that had little to do with the New York Mets as an organization, is what has upset most of my Met fan friends. This is not meant to be a slight against Jackie Robinson, but it just does not feel right and it definitely does not feel "Mets."

Pool Boy

Dec 20, 2008
I am voting for AT&T Park in San Francisco. Love the view of the Bay and the Cove. Sightlines are tremendous. Top concessions.

Caveat: I have not been to PNC, but have heard rave reviews (except that it resides in Pittsburgh).

BTW: Pictures of Target Field opening next year in MN look amazing. This ballpark could quickly jump near the top of the list....

Utleyfan1

Aug 7, 2008
I picked Petco, I haven't been to them all on the list but just based off the park Petco was the nicest. I also did one of the stadium tours there and got to see Adrian Gonzalez take some BP before the game in the underground tunnel.

Pool Boy

Dec 20, 2008
I think a disclaimer should have been added that you can't vote for your "hometown" ballpark. Maybe help weed out some of the inherent bias from seeing the most games at such and such Park...

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
What about Great American Ball Park? That is by far my favorite park that I have been to but since it didn't make the list I voted for Miller Park.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Pool Boy said:
I think a disclaimer should have been added that you can't vote for your "hometown" ballpark. Maybe help weed out some of the inherent bias from seeing the most games at such and such Park...

Good point (we're looking at you Comerica voters :lol: )

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Reds in 2009 said:
What about Great American Ball Park? That is by far my favorite park that I have been to but since it didn't make the list I voted for Miller Park.

dammit, you're right, shoulda been on there. BRB

Took out Minute Maid because that place sucks :lol: Added Great American Ball Park so change your vote if you like

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Ive been to 6 of the 10 parks and I voted for PNC, simply an AMAZING stadium, and this is coming from a Cardinals fan. Busch Stadium is however a very, very close second.

Members online

Latest posts