Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blue Jays Lose Ricky Romero..... Brett Cecil Called Up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Already with little depth in the pitching department this year.... the jays now have lost Ricky Romero, who is now headed to the 15 day DL with a right oblique muscle strain.

They already lost Litsch last week.... and who knows how bad his injury is.

I know they got off to a HOT! start but it's gonna be hard to compete with the Yankees & Red Sox if you have no pitching besides DOC.

Maybe this spells the ML Debut of Brett Cecil/Brad Mills?. <<<EDIT: Cecil has just been called up, according to TheFan590 based out of Toronto.

I was hoping we could jump up and surprise the other teams this year BUT now after 2/5 regulars in the rotation.... it doesn't look good :(.

Shep :ugeek:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Re: Blue Jays Lose Ricky Romero.....

EricInCT said:
Oouch, that sucks. Brad Mills time?

Yeah they can't seem to catch a break..... McGowan/Marcum/Litsch/Romero all on the DL.

Is this just a case of bad luck or bad mechanics, etc..... because seriously 3/5 starters last year all on the DL.... man it really does suck!.

Shep :ugeek:

marterburn

Hallsgator said:
Cecil is going to be pounded. I really hope not because I like him a lot, but I just have bad feeling about this.

exactly my thoughts. he's just not on his game right now, and going against superior talent can't be a good thing for his psyche. hope the jays have Johnny Wholestaff ready on Saturday...

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
I wonder if Fabio Castro was considered. He has been impressive at AA (struck out 8 in a row the other night) and has a little bit of major league experience. The Jays havent hesitated to jump a guy or two from AA to the majors for a spot start or two.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
The Fan has changed their report. Cecil is not being called up for Saturday.

Romero apparently injured himself sneezing.

By the way, BJ Ryan is now, thankfully, on the DL.

How's this for an All Injured Staff:

Dustin McGowan
Shaun Marcum
Ricky Romero
Jesse Litsch
Casey Janssen

Jeremy Accardo
BJ Ryan

That rotation, all currently on the DL, is better than man team's healthy starting rotations.

braden said:
How's this for an All Injured Staff:

Dustin McGowan
Shaun Marcum
Rickey Romero
Jesse Litsch
Casey Jannsen

Jeremy Accardo
BJ Ryan

That rotation, all currently on the DL, is better than man team's healthy starting rotations.

Geez, they're giving the angels a run for the All-DL team.

John Lackey
Ervin Santana
Kelvim Escobar
Dustin Moseley
Darren Oliver
Kevin Jepsen
Vladimir Guerrero
not to mention the loss of Nick Adenhart

Couple this with the fact that the angels pen makes Neighborgall a good signing right now. Shields, Bulger, Arredondo, and even Fuentes look bad to start the year.

Before Saunders start last night, their starters actually had the lowest ERA but their bullpen was one of the worst in the league. Moving Oliver to the rotation didn't help as he was put on the DL today. With all the moves they're making, I'm wondering who's going to pull the trigger and give Pedro or Mulder a call? I want no part of Mark Mulder.

By the way, I picked a great game to take my Dad to tonight. Can't wait to see Matt "Chili" Palmer and his 11.74 ERA at Salt Lake toe the rubber tonight.

Their offense has blown some decent pitching performances of Moseley and Shane Loux and even Olivers start last weekend.

Here's hoping Brandon Wood can provide a spark and Kendrick can get going. Abreu and Hunter have been carrying the team so far and that ain't saying much.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
tooly22 said:
I wonder if Fabio Castro was considered. He has been impressive at AA (struck out 8 in a row the other night) and has a little bit of major league experience. The Jays havent hesitated to jump a guy or two from AA to the majors for a spot start or two.
A lot of guys on the Blue Jays forum are asking the same thing about Castro.

I really hope the report is true about not calling Cecil up. He's pitching for the LV51s tonight anyway.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
Calling up Castro would make the most sense. I believe he last pitched in a rain shortened game on Monday or Tuesday. They jumped Litsch right from AA to the majors and Castro has more experience overall. I dont know what they have him listed at, but he is about as tall as Pedroia. The rest of the AA staff didnt have a start above high A coming into the year with two guys skipping Dunedin altogether.

Members online

Latest posts