Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Insert collectors - have you seen this one before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I know about the atomic best refractor, but anyone else have the "preview" version? Just curious if it is just the scan or does it have purple in it like the scan appears?

!BQpgUsgBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BJ5-i,6q7g~~_1.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
XdanX said:
I have the Nomo, that card looks normal to me.
you have the previews? Not sure what you mean? My question was does the previews have purple or is it just the angle of the scan?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
The preview cards had the pebbly dots for atomics, while the normal release had a superfractor-ish look to them.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
hofautos said:
Philip J. Fry said:
The preview cards had the pebbly dots for atomics, while the normal release had a superfractor-ish look to them.

this was advertised as the previews, are you saying it was advertised wrong?
here is link to auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150339574538

i just searched for others and i guess it probably looks more purple because of the angle...

heres a bonds, two different angles

apoladian46911599.JPG
!BQ9pRQw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl)s+(BJ7kLdS9Cw~~_1.jpg

oh and here is ripken ...guess i will have to wait and get it to enjoy it (lol)
apoladian46911610.JPG

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
hofautos said:
Philip J. Fry said:

this was advertised as the previews, are you saying it was advertised wrong?
here is link to auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150339574538

Oh no, I missed the question about the purple. Your link is def. a preview. Just stating that you can tell the difference between the preview Atomics vs. the regular Atomics. It appears, as you've already posted, that it's the angle of the pic that's causing the purple.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
BunchOBull said:
It's right. It's a preview. Sadly, they're really common in terms of an Atomic Refractor.

Yea, I should have searched first...i noticed the "promo" sticker he had on it in the auction, and thought it was a "promotional" rare item (grin)...and the purple looked "killer" next to the gold...oh well...live and learn.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Great looking cards in hand.
You should of contacted me, I have a extra Ripken I could have sent ya.
THe Preview is actually more common than the reg. Atomic Refractor to be honest. I see the Ripken Preview alot more.
Card only "books" $20. Seller had a VERY old sticker on that card.
Enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts