Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW! I am gonna get to see Gordon Beckham on May 21st!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Well the family goes on a trip to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Tennessee once a year.... anyways we have never been out to see the Smokies Double A club of the Cubs, so we figured we would check them out this year mainly because they are finally in town!.

So I went to see who they would be playing and what do you know.... they are playing the Birmingham Barons Double A club of the Whitesox, and I checked the roster and was excited to see that Gordon Beckham is on their roster!.

So not only do I get to see my first MILB baseball game.... I also get to see one of the games BEST prospects.

Oh yes guess who else is down there? Heck I will tell you anyways lol.... Dayan Viciedo, Aaron Poreda & Tyler Flowers!!! I guess I will be trying for some IP's, any advice?.

Just thought I would share.

Shep :ugeek:

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Niiiice, I saw Smoak and Wallace last week and they played pretty bad, hope Beckham doesn't dissapoint.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Haha, I saw all of them last weekend. The Barons were here for the first time.

Smokies games are lots of fun, you'll love it!

And in case you didn't know, HOFer Ryan Sandberg is the Smokies manager.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
For IPs:
Get there an hour or so before first pitch and go down right next to the visiting dugout. All of the Barons were very friendly and great signers.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hallsgator-Thanks alot for the advice! Now I will have to study how Beckham/Dayan & Poreda look haha.

Yeah I heard awhile back Ryno was gonna be the manager, thanks for reminding me.

mikekarlovec- Thanks alot man :).

Cgilmo- How did they do?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
shephech said:
Hallsgator-Thanks alot for the advice! Now I will have to study how Beckham/Dayan & Poreda look haha.

Yeah I heard awhile back Ryno was gonna be the manager, thanks for reminding me.

Cgilmo- How did they do?

Check this out for some pics of them I took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQiQXCGy ... annel_page

Also have videos on there of them.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hallsgator said:
shephech said:

Cgilmo- How did they do?

Check this out for some pics of them I took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQiQXCGy ... annel_page

Also have videos on there of them.

ahhh dude that's awesome! Thanks abunch.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hallsgator said:
No problem, hope you enjoy your trip to East TN!

You live nearby? That's why your so into J.P. ;) I gotcha now, gotta support the boys out of the University Of Tennessee.

Have a goodnight.

Members online

Latest posts