Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Vasgersian is a clown...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I saw on ESPN that he had to issue an apology, so I looked to see what it was for.

[youtube:2san69sy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZdMIUo9bo[/youtube:2san69sy]

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Why does a slip of a swear word make him a clown. He is human, like most of us.

Uh... That's not what he got in trouble for. I don't even think he swore in that video.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:

Uh... That's not what he got in trouble for. I don't even think he swore in that video.

Oh... the video that was linked only has him dropping an F-bomb. What did he do?

Maybe I linked the wrong one, I think I fixed it.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
sportscardtheory said:
flightposite said:
sportscardtheory said:

Oh... the video that was linked only has him dropping an F-bomb. What did he do?

Maybe I linked the wrong one, I think I fixed it.

No, it was right right away, don't know what that guy did.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
He dropped the f-bomb on live camera, and then another instance, while hawpe was being cared to after being injured, "joked" than an on field worker looked like Donovan Mcnabb

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm not even sure I got the joke....

EDIT: His apology seemed sincere. Just a ::facepalm:: moment and nothing to get all worked up about :?

[youtube:2hydz4z4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZCrbLnLco&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2hydz4z4]

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
It's a liberal, liberal world, you need to apologize for everything... Gotta try and keep all the criers from crying.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Big deal, the dude does look like McNabb and I prefer a broadcast that is more casual than dead serious to the viewer. If Hawpe was seriously injured and not walking around, then an attempt at humor would not be appropriate. In this case I see nothing wrong with it. Just my humble opinion.

i dont think an apology was in order for bad timing, lack of compassion, and a weak sense of humor. the fans he speaks to are the same ones who cheer a hit batter, collisions at the plate and the brawls.

remember when michael irvins career ended at philly? he lay motionless on the turf and the fans cheered? remember when cornhusker fans at a colorado basketball game chanted where is sal after their backup qb (sal) passed away from cancer? those are horrible acts and those people should have apologize! not some dumbshit who uses piss poor humor at the most inappropriate time.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
I don't even get why he has to apologize. I understand people may take what he said with racist undertones but that clearly wasn't his intent. Had one of the EMT workers looked like I don't know, James Gandolfini or something and he said that this would be a non-issue.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
If you are offended by his comments, you should just shoot yourself now and get it over with because your life will be filled with nothing but disappointment.

In reality, 99% of people in America could care less about "offensive" statements made by people in the public eye. In most instances, it is a small and vocal group of people who cry out and claim to be victims of the statement/act in order to get their 10 minutes of fame in the hopes of furthering their own agenda.

Look at Howard Stern, the complaints that were filed with the FCC were registered by people who never heard his show. Special interests groups sent their memberships "form letters" to sign and send to the FCC....many had no idea who Howard Stern was at the end of the day.

America is soft because we tell all the kids in school that they are special, nobody is stupid, ugly or fat....and there is no reason to keep score in sports because everyone is a winner. That is easy for a third grade teacher to say to 9 year old kids but that is not the real world. Learning to deal with adversity is a life important skill along with managing money.

Members online

Latest posts