Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the official RICK PORCELLO destroys the yankees thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
chuckbartowski said:
brokenliz1 said:
boomo said:
8 innings, 0 runs, 10 k's

det 7 yanks 0

That would be cool to see.

See and I thought someone was posting actual results. Shame on me for assuming.

No, the game is on soon on ESPN.Though when I saw your post I thought that you must think those are actual stats.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
im looking forward to seeing porcello finally pitch tonight.. being a yankees fan, i hope they are able to pull a win out.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
rebelsbaseball3 said:
im looking forward to seeing porcello finally pitch tonight.. being a yankees fan, i hope they are able to pull a win out.

Being a Rick Porcello fan, I hope the Yankees don't reach base tonight.

;)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Man he's lookin good already. Just hit 97 twice in a row, which is as high as he's gone on the radar gun so far in his young career. He's bringin it today.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
The announcers love him already, did I hear Suttcliffe say he has the best sinker in baseball?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aw00d05 said:
The announcers love him already, did I hear Suttcliffe say he has the best sinker in baseball?

Honestly I think it's true. That ball just disappears in the zone and at 95-97 like he's throwin today, I just don't know if anyone is going to have a whole lot of luck against him.

Defense looking great by the way, Miggy with a couple great plays at first.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Two great defensive plays by Miguel Cabrera saved Porcello.

He still looked pretty damn good out there, though..

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aw00d05 said:

Honestly I think it's true. That ball just disappears in the zone and at 95-97 like he's throwin today, I just don't know if anyone is going to have a whole lot of luck against him.

He's top 3, but I'd take Halladay's and Peavy's over his, but it is a great pitch.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
aw00d05 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aw00d05 said:

He's top 3, but I'd take Halladay's and Peavy's over his, but it is a great pitch.

I have started a collection of Porcello of stuff that I will not move, but I've also got a bunch of cards of him that I intend to flip and I keep thinking "man he's gotta be tough tonight so I can move some stuff" but then I remember that he's just 20 years old (and currently the youngest player in the majors)...and we're already comparing him to the likes of Halladay and Peavy. He's gonna be really good for a long long time. I can only imagine where his cards are gonna be in a couple years once he settles in.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2vsken9d]
aw00d05 said:

I have started a collection of Porcello of stuff that I will not move, but I've also got a bunch of cards of him that I intend to flip and I keep thinking "man he's gotta be tough tonight so I can move some stuff" but then I remember that he's just 20 years old (and currently the youngest player in the majors)...and we're already comparing him to the likes of Halladay and Peavy. He's gonna be really good for a long long time. I can only imagine where his cards are gonna be in a couple years once he settles in.[/quote:2vsken9d]
The ONLY thing that is bad about him is that he's a pitcher and you never know when they can get hurt.

Latest posts