Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gerardo Parra called up to the D-Backs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
OF Gerardo Parra and LHP Clay Zavada have been called up to Arizona from Mobile.

Not sure if they will be there or dressing for the game tonight, but it's official.

I don't know much about Zavada but I actually think Parra will make a nice impact for the DBacks' lineup.

Still looking for an article or something (doubt there will be anything at least until tomorrow) but he is now listed on their active roster.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Seiya said:
Damn, those D'Backs sure know how to produce OF's.

Hopefully he makes a nice splash like Upton did. His batting average has been over .360 all year and he's added 3 homers and 7 SBs for Double-A Mobile. Should be interesting to see how quickly he can adjust to ML pitching.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
AKA Coastal said:
Who's spot is he taking in the OF?

Stephen Drew and Y. Petit were placed on the 15-Day DL today so he didn't take the roster spot of an outfielder. Not sure what their lineup will look like yet or whether or not he will be starting right away.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Damn, I use to have a heck of a stash, then moved it all. I think I still have a 20 ct of chromes or two left. DAMN

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Don't know if he is ready 4 the show, but a hot start would be nice.

.360+ all year so far is promising but we'll see.

He's not in the lineup tonight, probably traveling today. Lookin forward to watching him though

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
i guess the days of getting his contenders for less then 20 are over if he starts hot. those 3 gem mint parras i will be getting should do nicely.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Unless they plan on giving him a lot of playing time I would be pretty disappointed if I had money in him. He's been killing the ball in the minors and his cards were starting to pick up some steam on Ebay. Nothing hurts a prospect like sitting on the bench in the bigs for a month.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Unless they plan on giving him a lot of playing time I would be pretty disappointed if I had money in him. He's been killing the ball in the minors and his cards were starting to pick up some steam on Ebay. Nothing hurts a prospect like sitting on the bench in the bigs for a month.

last time i checked both C. Young and Byrnes were hitting below .200, so i don't see why started Parra over either one of them is a bad idea right now.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
AKA Coastal said:

last time i checked both C. Young and Byrnes were hitting below .200, so i don't see why started Parra over either one of them is a bad idea right now.

Yea, I just hope he doesn't get called up and used like LaPorta is being used. One start in every 4 games is no good for them or our cards.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
Parra-01.jpg

Parra-02.jpg

Parra-03.jpg

Parra-04.jpg

Parra-05.jpg

Parra-06.jpg

Parra-07.jpg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3ppe1kzc]Who's spot is he taking in the OF?

Stephen Drew and Y. Petit were placed on the 15-Day DL today so he didn't take the roster spot of an outfielder. Not sure what their lineup will look like yet or whether or not he will be starting right away.[/quote:3ppe1kzc]

Actually Drew came off the DL today, it was Conor Jackson who went on, so he is replacing an OF. Another position player and pitcher (assumably) will be demoted tomorrow as well when Parra and Augenstein officially get the call.

EDIT: In regards to Conor Jackson, things are actually looking kind of serious right now- this has been going on for 2 weeks now.
*OF Conor Jackson placed on the disabled list with “general illness,” manager A.J. Hinch said.

Not sure what’s going on with Jackson. When I got to the ballpark on Saturday, one of his teammates said he looked deathly ill, but I haven't been around the past couple of days. Apparently he’s been OK enough to pinch hit a couple of times in the past few games.

A thought that crossed my mind was that by DLing him, they would get a chance to run him out on a rehab assignment to get him straightened out offensively, but I’m told that he is “very sick,” and Hinch said that the club is going to run a “battery of tests, make sure that he’s fine.”

"Our medical team, we're baffled a little bit by this," Hinch said. "It's been a long time and he's never really gotten better. He's shown signs of coming out of it and then it kind of relapse

Members online

Latest posts