Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I never thought I would see the Day.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
....when Bowman used sticker Auto's....Glad I did not pick up a case. I was going to build the set from singles and lots.

Scan10044-2.jpg

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Re: I never thought I wouls see the Day.....

They've used stickers on their Bowman Autos (06, 07, and I think 08 used them for sure).

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL

I wonder why they don't use clear stickers like in the Football Topps/Bowman Chrome releases. No one likes the stickers, but at least do collectors a little favor and get rid of the ugly foil stickers.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

I think reflective stickers are great.

It allows my to stare closely at the card, see my reflection and wonder to myself..."Why did I buy this again?"

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

Does anyone think this (the fact Beckham has an 09 bowman auto) has to do with the fact that Gordon Beckham Chrome Autos have decreased in value? Or is it just because 09 Bowman is now the newest bowman product, not draft, so people are investing their money into that.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
soccerman034 said:
If they did bowman on card autos again, the product might be worth buying. Gotta love the 2006 Maybin bowman on card autos!

The Chrome prospect autos are on-card. Why haven't people figured this out yet?

The non-chrome sticker autos are similar to Signs of the Future from last year.

These are the throw in autos in the Jumbo HTA boxes.

I repeat, these are not the Chrome Prospect autos.

This is what the Chrome ON CARD autos look like

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:
If they did bowman on card autos again, the product might be worth buying. Gotta love the 2006 Maybin bowman on card autos!

Duh, I know. But I like the look of regular bowman on card autos as well, maybe even more so. Do prospects have both a bowman auto and chrome auto in this product? If so, yikes, why?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
soccerman034 said:
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:

Duh, I know. But I like the look of regular bowman on card autos as well, maybe even more so. Do prospects have both a bowman auto and chrome auto in this product? If so, yikes, why?

Sorry, I was just using your quote as an example. I've been running into WAAAYY too many people who think that these are the ONLY autos in 09 Bowman, and ignorance is a pet peeve :D

As to your question, I believe the checklists are different for the papers and the chromes. However, they are both pretty weak this year.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:

Sorry, I was just using your quote as an example. I've been running into WAAAYY too many people who think that these are the ONLY autos in 09 Bowman, and ignorance is a pet peeve :D

As to your question, I believe the checklists are different for the papers and the chromes. However, they are both pretty weak this year.

All I can say as the Years go by Modern Cards are not my thing ...no more. I use to like building sets , I'm at the end of the Road. Think I'll stick with Pre War Cards.. I loved the on Card Autos, now w/stickers ..................goodbye.

brumbach

200lbhockeyplayer said:
I think reflective stickers are great.

It allows my to stare closely at the card, see my reflection and wonder to myself..."Why did I buy this again?"

If you hold two of them at the right angles you can admire the shape of your skull and check on the progress of your male pattern baldness as well.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
bikerider60 said:
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:
chashawk said:
soccerman034 said:

All I can say as the Years go by Modern Cards are not my thing ...no more. I use to like building sets , I'm at the end of the Road. Think I'll stick with Pre War Cards.. I loved the on Card Autos, now w/stickers ..................goodbye.

Did you even read what I wrote? THE CHROME PROSPECT AUTOS ARE STILL ON CARD!!!!!!!!

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Members online

Latest posts