Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can anyone tell me about SportsCards Unlimited in Durham NC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
xcantgobackx said:
Was thinking of making the hour long drive there today. Anyone know how are the prices, selection, any other info? Thanks!

Lots of NC collectors on here. You might have to wait a while, but someone should be able to offer some insight. Just try to get an idea of prices for what you are looking for before you go.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
There's a card show here in Raleigh this weekend (Friday-Sunday) so maybe make that trip instead.

It's at the state fairgrounds, $5 entry...and I would have to imagine it's a lot better than a card shop I've never heard of. (Not saying much though as I have only lived here for just over a year.)

Here's the link to the show...Raleigh Card Show

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I haven't been since 2005ish, but last time I was there they had a good modern pack selection, a decent amount of memorabilia, and prices I was willing to pay (don't remember how great they were, but I bought from them whenever I was in town to see my folks).

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
There's a card show here in Raleigh this weekend (Friday-Sunday) so maybe make that trip instead.

It's at the state fairgrounds, $5 entry...and I would have to imagine it's a lot better than a card shop I've never heard of. (Not saying much though as I have only lived here for just over a year.)

The show prices will be 20 bucks a box chepaer and have better selection.

Go to the show.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Never gone, but the bigger dealer in my area goes there and he tells me I need to go. I keep thinking about it, but a 4 hour drive is a deterrent.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Mudcatsfan said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

The show prices will be 20 bucks a box chepaer and have better selection.

Go to the show.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I just saw that. 170 Tables? Sounds pretty significant. I'll have to show up early tomorrow. Anyone else going? Or anyone go today who could tell me how it was?

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
I was there last year. Seem like a lot of older (02 UD PP, 03 Topps chrome) wax. I bought a box of 05' Rookie Cup and a Brian Jordan Jersey card, lol. The guy running it searched ebay and gave me an ebay price for the box. No prospects and high on the singles prices. Go to the show! :D

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I went to the show this morning and will probably go again.

Plenty of decent deals if you're willing to look around, and depending on your collecting needs.

Personally, I didn't pick up a single card today...just picked up some autographs for a few custom cards, including a DiMaggio signature which I'm really happy with.

That said...definitely go to the show instead.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I went to the show this morning and will probably go again.

Plenty of decent deals if you're willing to look around, and depending on your collecting needs.

Personally, I didn't pick up a single card today...just picked up some autographs for a few custom cards, including a DiMaggio signature which I'm really happy with.

That said...definitely go to the show instead.

Thanks. How many tables would you say there were?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
Thanks. How many tables would you say there were?
I'm a terrible judge at that...although I felt that it was the best Raleigh show I have seen since I moved here just over a year ago. Overall it was a nice mix of things with nothing taking up the majority of tables.

Not a ton of wax, but at least two well stocked dealers.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Cool, thanks again. I'm almost definitely gonna show up tomorrow. Say hi if you see a short, stocky, ugly guy with a shaved head, probably wearing a tshirt of some punk band.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
xcantgobackx said:
Cool, thanks again. I'm almost definitely gonna show up tomorrow. Say hi if you see a short, stocky, ugly guy with a shaved head, probably wearing a tshirt of some punk band.
welcome to NC found your brothers yet? plenty of us here , but i have hair

Members online

Latest posts