Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This weeks eTopps 5/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
025-01550fd.jpg

025-01551fd.jpg

025-01552fd.jpg

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
The Sandoval is not considered a rookie card, only the black bordered ones are considered rookie cards.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
goldenegg1 said:
The Sandoval is not considered a rookie card, only the black bordered ones are considered rookie cards.

The black bordered cards are "Restricted Rookie Offerings" which according to Topps mean they won't have another card made. There have been plenty of regular cards with the "Rookie" logo.

What I really want to know is how does the OP get this info so early? :D

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chashawk said:
goldenegg1 said:

The black bordered cards are "Restricted Rookie Offerings" which according to Topps mean they won't have another card made. There have been plenty of regular cards with the "Rookie" logo.

he gets it the same time everyone else on the mailing list does.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
DaleMurphyCollector said:
goldenegg1 said:

Not true. LaPorta was issued last week with a RC logo and it is not black bordered.

And the Laporta was not a Black Bordered RRO.
So another words, there will be another LaPorta in the future.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
cgilmo said:
chashawk said:
goldenegg1 said:

Actually I do get them a little early, one easy way is to check the eTopps MB since people there know some tricks.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
js0000001 said:
cgilmo said:
chashawk said:
goldenegg1 said:

Actually I do get them a little early, one easy way is to check the eTopps MB since people there know some tricks.

Click on the most recent card issues. In the address bar it will have a card id#. Type in the next number and go to that page. Etopps loads the cards a few hours before announcing them and if you check that way you'll be able to find out.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
js0000001 said:
cgilmo said:
chashawk said:
goldenegg1 said:

Click on the most recent card issues. In the address bar it will have a card id#. Type in the next number and go to that page. Etopps loads the cards a few hours before announcing them and if you check that way you'll be able to find out.

Bingo

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I wish they still showed previews of these. I was rather underwhelmed by the Wes Welker that I got. Thin blue marker on a darker red background looked like crap.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I sent in about 20 of the 2008s to get graded and most came back Gem with one pristine. And they have a nice clean design.

Members online

Latest posts