Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post Your Mystery Patch Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
We have a lot of knowledgable patch collectors on this board, so if you have a patch card and don't know what patch the swatch is from, post it here. It would be nice if the companies would put pictures of the cut up jerseys on the back of the cards, or at the very least a picture on their website.

Here's a bunch of mine that I'm not sure of.

EddieMathews2008DonrussThreads.jpg

KILLEBREW SOLVED! Thanks to Billy Packer- now that I know where it's from it makes the card even better.
HarmonKillebrew2004SPGameUsedPatch.jpg

Carew: Maybe same patch as Killebrew but later version?
RodCarew2007UltimateCollection.jpg

RodCarew2008UpperDeckHeroes.jpg

GarySheffield2004SPGameUsedPatch.jpg

LYNN SOLVED! Thanks to coltsnsox07: part of 1976 Red Sox bicentennial patch
FredLynn2008DonrussThreads.jpg

JoeMorgan2008UDPremier.jpg

LouBrock2008DonrussThreads.jpgLouBrock2008DonrussThreads2.jpg

SCHMIDT SOLVED! Thanks to Walter55 and HawaiianLance
MikeSchmidt2006Exquisite.jpg

ReggieJackson2007UltimateCollection.jpg

RollieFingers2004SPGameUsedPatch3.jpg

TedWilliams2005LeafLimited3.jpg

TommyLasorda2005DonrussChampions.jpg

TonyGwynn2008PrimeCuts4.jpg

WillieStargell2002LeafCertifiedFOTG.jpg

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
We have a lot of knowledgable patch collectors on this board, so if you have a patch card and don't know what patch the swatch is from, post it here. It would be nice if the companies would put pictures of the cut up jerseys on the back of the cards, or at the very least a picture on their website.

Here's a bunch of mine that I'm not sure of.

HarmonKillebrew2004SPGameUsedPatch.jpg

This has to be some variation of this - I think they've worn several versions of it over the years:

retro_patch.JPG

Looks like the armpit of the "M" guy.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Hey Mr Whitesox, I have the same Fred Lynn from Threads and the patch is from the one pictured on his sleeve on that card, I can email you my phot if you like, I think its a 1976 kinda bi-centennial

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
RE: Schmidt Patch

Think I located the patch, but the only image was linked to a dead page. So here's the Google Image swipe:
31418576.jpg

It's small but you can see the tower.

Here's the artwork for the same patch, it's clearer since it's not a sewn patch, but, again you can see the tower element:
phillies.jpg

Edited: Oops, Walter beat me to it. <g>

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks to everyone who has helped already. I updated the first post so no one wastes their time trying to figure out the answer to one that has already been solved.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
mrwhitesox30 said:

I think that could be from the A's Elephant...

oakland_athletics_77096.jpg

I couldn't find a pic of a real patch though, not sure if the patch has toe nails like that... and the curve on the leg seems to be backwards, but....

EDIT: After a crapload of searching, I found an actual elephant patch...

38124.jpg

Nah, that can't be it. :oops: ::facepalm:: :oops:

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
The Sosa looks like a combination of a laundry tag and a jersey ID tag. Fleer has been known to combine patches when they run out of full patches to use, so that's probably what happened here. The bottom part could be an upside-down "01," identifying the jersey from 2001.

rebelpawn said:
Anybody know about these two?

sosapatch.jpg

Thanks!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
When I bought this, I thought it was the "U" from Duncan, but now I honestly have no clue where it's from. It has too much curvature to be the U. I've looked at Duncan's nameplate, and upside down, and even the birds on the bat, and I still can't figure it out.

DuncanChris2006SweetSpotUpdateJumbo.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
The Brock's could easily be Cub jerseys. But the 4th swatch looks like the Cardinal blue.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Both the Overbay and Hall patches are from throwback Braves uniforms the Brewers wore in 04 or 05. I have two copies of the Overbay patch that match up with patches from that jersey...I'll see if I have scans on this computer.