Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Interesting fight,I believe Rogers will win this fight.

Strikeforce has added some heavyweight talent to its June 6 fight card.

Undefeated Brett Rogers (9-0) will meet former UFC champion and recent Affliction fighter Andrei Arlovski (15-6) on the night's main card, which airs live on Showtime.

The bout was officially announced today at a press conference in St. Louis and completes the official lineup for the card.

The city's Scottrade Center hosts the June 6 event, which features a main event between former EliteXC middleweight champ Robbie Lawler and former EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields (at a catch-weight of 182 pounds).

The booking should surprise fans who were expecting a title fight between Strikeforce world heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem and Rogers. Rogers, a former top EliteXC heavyweight, recently moved to Strikeforce and said he wanted a real challenge in his next fight.

He'll get one in Arlovski, who despite a loss to Fedor Emelianenko in January remains one of the world's top 10 heavyweight fighters. Even with the loss, Arlovski is 5-1 in his past six fights, which included three straight victories in the UFC before he left the organization.

Arlovski was slated to make his professional boxing debut on June 27, though his Strikeforce booking will likely keep that bout from happening.

The full fight card now includes:

MAIN CARD

Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields
Nick Diaz vs. Scott Smith
Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead
Phil Baroni vs. Joe Riggs
Andrei Arlovski vs. Brett Rogers
PRELIMINARY CARD
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Jared Hamman
Josh Bumgarner vs. Jesse Finney
Tyron Woodley vs. Sal Woods
Lucas Lopes vs. Scott Ventimiglia
Pat Benson vs. Dave Cochran
Booker DeRousse vs. James Wade

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Rogers hits hard and AA doesn't have the best chin. However, BR didn't exactly impress me in his last outing despite it being a win. I say AA takes this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts