Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting numbers while figuring my eBay sales...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I was curious to know how much of a percentage hit sellers take when they sell their card(s) on eBay, so I took my last few rounds of auctions and divided my net sales (Gross-FVF-Listing Fee-PayPal Fee-shipping) by my Gross sales. The results were pretty staggering; out of a sample size of 50 auctions, the average percentage I got of my gross sale was %71.055. So, on average for every $400 you sell on eBay you actually end up with about $284 in your pocket.

EDIT: I need to add that most of these cards were $3-$10 range, with a few $30+. Obviously if you sell 1 card for $400 you will end up with more than $280.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
Were the listings auction format, fixed price, or a mix? Also, did you factor in the amount you charged for shipping? Netting a tad over 70% doesn't seem quite right.

sportsfanatic92

Aug 7, 2008
chrome_ball said:
Were the listings auction format, fixed price, or a mix? Also, did you factor in the amount you charged for shipping? Netting a tad over 70% doesn't seem quite right.
Right if you factor shipping into your net totals and then factor shipping cost as a fee you're basically not calculating a correct %. If you sold a card for $3 + $2 shipping, and say fees were .59 cents shipping cost actual $1.81... instead of netting $2.41/$3 (your actual percentage) (80%) your saying $5 (card + shipping) - $2.40 (fees + shipping = $2.60/$5 (52%) ... so basically the % you are netting is significantly higher then 70% if you don't assume shipping as a fee rather a cost you have already charged the buyer...

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
These were all 5 or 7 day $0.99 let-it-run auctions. Also, I included S&H as part of the gross and as part of the fee.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts