Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Would the Longo Super Auto From 2006 BDP Fetch Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Is there any other Super to compare it to - hypothetical or otherwise??

Ryan Braun perhaps.

That was my thought. When Braun won ROY or when he was molten in July/August of 2007, I think that hype compares. Did the Braun sell? if so, there's your answer.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
justinmandawg said:
If the Fernando martinez super auto can go for what 7k, then 10k is a very big possibility.

I believe it fetched over 8k.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
12 to 14k, in my mind. We're talking about what could be the most sought after Superfractor of the entire modern Bowman run. No way some of those guys with deep pockets put the checkbook away at 7 or 8k on an item like that.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
My philosophy is that there is a modern card ceiling of 10K that is VERY hard to break through. Even if someone would post it, they most likely wouldnt take reasonable offers. I would put SV at 8k TOPS, only because you have to find a buyer.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
While I agree in general its also possible someone without ANY hobby knowledge and TOO much money may decide to go nuts and hit one of those unreasonable BINs - a complete prospector's dream.

Gellman said:
My philosophy is that there is a modern card ceiling of 10K that is VERY hard to break through. Even if someone would post it, they most likely wouldnt take reasonable offers. I would put SV at 8k TOPS, only because you have to find a buyer.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
If Lebron James had a 1/1 rookie card of the magnitude that Bowman collectors chase Chrome, it would probably be a $20k card. We're talking about the hottest young star to come along in a while in baseball and he's red hot. A penny less than $12k and i'd keep it.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Vagrant said:
If Lebron James had a 1/1 rookie card of the magnitude that Bowman collectors chase Chrome, it would probably be a $20k card. We're talking about the hottest young star to come along in a while in baseball and he's red hot. A penny less than $12k and i'd keep it.

While Longoria is a great talent, he isn't 1/100th of the star that Lebron is. Heck I'd say that no one in Baseball is even at the best a 1/10th of the star as Lebron. Teams are popular in Baseball, not players, and it's not a global sport like Basketball. It's honestly not a viable comparison. If Lebron had a 1/1 RC that was super high quality I'd wager that could probably hit 50 to 100K.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
beefycheddar said:
Vagrant said:

While Longoria is a great talent, he isn't 1/100th of the star that Lebron is. Heck I'd say that no one in Baseball is even at the best a 1/10th of the star as Lebron. Teams are popular in Baseball, not players, and it's not a global sport like Basketball. It's honestly not a viable comparison. If Lebron had a 1/1 RC that was super high quality I'd wager that could probably hit 50 to 100K.

His Exquisite Dual Logo with MJ brough somewhere around $275K until bidders started retracting. It wasn't even autographed.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Vagrant said:

Lebron had a dual logoman 1/1 with Kobe in 03/04 Exquisite which sold for $62,000. He also had a dual logoman 1/1 with Jordan in 03/04 Exquisite which had bids up to $150,000, but the reserve was never met. Here's a pic I found:
14_001_003_thmb.jpg

Members online

Latest posts