Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What happened to Skipworth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike1870

Nov 3, 2008
Hi, I am really interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on Kyle Skipworth. He looked like he had a lot of potential with Team USA and in high school. But right now he is performing horribly. Has anyone here seen him? Any hope for a breakout?

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Here's a bit from the BA chat:

Sheetskout (Milwaukee, WI): I didn't expect Kyle Skipworth to begin the season completely on fire and he's played well below expectations. What are your updated thoughts on Skipworth and what do you feel his true ceiling is?

Jim Shonerd: Skipworth has yet to produce in his pro career. He hit only .208/.263/.340 in the GCL last year and is at .167/.221/.292 this year. There's still plenty of time for him to come around, but his pitch recognition has to get better. Greensboro's park is a bandbox, so it'll be disconcerting if his power doesn't start showing up.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I wou;dn't be worried just yet if I were you. The jump from high school competition to professional baseball is not an easy one, especially for an 19 year old. Give him some time to develop and get used to better pitching and I'm sure he'll be just fine.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I watched Skipworth take batting practive in pre-Spring Training work outs a couple of months ago and the kid was hitting them further than Logan Morrison!

The power is there but he obviously needs some more time in the Minors. He's just a baby.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
If I can find some pictures from the practices, I'll get them posted.

You will see that he's definitely filled up quite a bit.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
The kid is not even 20. He will be fine with some experience.

This is the only photo of him that I took that I could find.

one-23.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts