Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 UD Buybacks, any info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Any info on these? I've seen Greenberg's appear on eBay but they aren't specially marked like I've seen with other buybacks from UD or Topps...

zan

ruth3

May 23, 2009
if its the box topper card, none of them are marked. there just extra cards that upper deck has laying around. rumor has it there going to be going under soon, especially after gettin this huge fine from mlb for being a part of razor

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
ruth3 said:
if its the box topper card, none of them are marked. there just extra cards that upper deck has laying around. rumor has it there going to be going under soon, especially after gettin this huge fine from mlb for being a part of razor

Huh? Please explain that remark.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Zan said:
Any info on these? I've seen Greenberg's appear on eBay but they aren't specially marked like I've seen with other buybacks from UD or Topps...

zan

The buyback I pulled, is a Hugh Gritz and looks to be in great condition.. It came with the buyback coa in a soft sleeve within a pack..

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
beberly said:
ruth3 said:

Quick google search yielded this, not sure if this is true or whats up though.

http://completist.wordpress.com/2009/05 ... eck-razor/

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
bigalexx said:
beberly said:
ruth3 said:

Please read at the bottom of the article where it says that no one has confirmed that report. You came and posted it as fact, yet it has not been proven. It is still just a rumor. Maybe cgilmo knows more about this.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
beberly said:
bigalexx said:
beberly said:
ruth3 said:

Please read at the bottom of the article where it says that no one has confirmed that report. You came and posted it as fact, where it has not been proven. It is still just a rumor. Maybe cgilmo knows more about this.
Yea, I didn't believe it either.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
amazing how a question about Goudey Buybacks turns into a UD/Razor issue..

That horse has been beat to hell and back.. can you guys move on and stay on topic?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've been told every buyback pack has a game-used or auto card. And that boxes that don't have a buyback pack are hot boxes.

I opened one UD series 2 hobby box yesterday and got a 2001 UD Yankee Legends Ralph Houk game bat. It is not marked in anyway and looks fresh from the factory.

The 1989 cards that are foil stamped with a "20th Anniversary Buyback" stamp on front are random inserts in packs, not in the box toppers.

ruth3

May 23, 2009
thats what my local hobby store said. they said that richard mcwilliams was fronting them (razor) the money and that he was fines millions.

i figured it was true because the guy is always on point with his info.

sorry if i caused a problem. didnt mean to stir anyone up

Members online

Latest posts