Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumor Regarding Alex Gordon & Moustakas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I was heading home today listening to some sports talk and a sports writer here in KS was talking. He said that the Royals will actively shop Gordon around this offseason. As the organization feels that Moustakas has proven himslef as a third basemen. Also, that they believe Moustakas will be the opening day starter at third next year.

I find most of this hard to believe, but I just wanted to relay the rumor. Once again it was just said on the radio from a sportswriter close to the Royals. One I think its too early to give up on Gordon and Two why rush Moose?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
I was heading home today listening to some sports talk and a sports writer here in KS was talking. He said that the Royals will actively shop Gordon around this offseason. As the organization feels that Moustakas has proven himslef as a third basemen. Also, that they believe Moustakas will be the opening day starter at third next year.

I find most of this hard to believe, but I just wanted to relay the rumor. Once again it was just said on the radio from a sportswriter close to the Royals. One I think its too early to give up on Gordon and Two why rush Moose?

Maybe im wrong but I think you can clearly tell if a player will be what you thought he was.... or just be a guy that blends in with the rest of the league.

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

All these guys were hyped beyond belief.... and except for a small stretch of good play.... they all have just arnt what the prospectors hyped them to be.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Maybe im wrong but I think you can clearly tell if a player will be what you thought he was.... or just be a guy that blends in with the rest of the league.

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

All these guys were hyped beyond belief.... and except for a small stretch of good play.... they all have just arnt what the prospectors hyped them to be.
Hernandez and Verlander look to be the only guys in those groups who will even become more than a average/AAAA player.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

Honestly, I thought Gordon was just an average third basemen. I dont really have a problem with him at third, not enough of a problem to trade him

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

Hernandez and Verlander look to be the only guys in those groups who will even become more than a average/AAAA player.

Not sure about that. After a HORRIBLE start, Andy LaRoche has quietly been really good. Delmon is still only 23.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
nikateen said:
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

Not sure about that. After a HORRIBLE start, Andy LaRoche has quietly been really good. Delmon is still only 23.
Still no where near what people thought they would be.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
nikateen said:
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

Still no where near what people thought they would be.

Was Andy LaRoche really ever that hyped? Certainly not as much as those other 5. What were his chrome auto's getting at his "peak"? $50-$60 I believe? I am sure if LaRoche can produce like he has this month for the rest of the season .315 AVG/.398 OBP that the Pirates organization and fans would be thrilled.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
nikateen said:
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

On the season...... 2 HR 20 RBI .287 AVG thats blend in with the rest of the league type numbers..... clearly not in the running for the All Star game.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
nikateen said:
aw00d05 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":2k2vdq95]
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

On the season...... 2 HR 20 RBI .287 AVG thats blend in with the rest of the league type numbers..... clearly not in the running for the All Star game.[/quote:2k2vdq95]

.315 AVG/.398 OBP this month...

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

+1

Verlander so far is ahead of the rest by a large margin. I still think Hernandez is going to be a regular AS eventually. He's still crazy young for being in the league so long already. Verlander's last month worth of games has been one of the best in baseball. That plus his ROY, and I don't see how you can say he's not living up to expectations. Most guys have down 2nd seasons. If he continued to be bad this year I would start to be concerned, but he's been great other than the first few starts of the season.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

+1

Verlander so far is ahead of the rest by a large margin. I still think Hernandez is going to be a regular AS eventually. He's still crazy young for being in the league so long already. Verlander's last month worth of games has been one of the best in baseball. That plus his ROY, and I don't see how you can say he's not living up to expectations. Most guys have down 2nd seasons. If he continued to be bad this year I would start to be concerned, but he's been great other than the first few starts of the season.
\

Pretty even between Felix and Verlander, imo.

Verlander career ERA 4.10/.249 BAA/1.31 WHIP
Hernandez career ERA 3.79/.260 BAA/1.32 WHIP

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
nikateen said:
nborton said:
aw00d05 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
arod305 said:

Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

+1

\

Pretty even between Felix and Verlander, imo.

Verlander career ERA 4.10/.249 BAA/1.31 WHIP
Hernandez career ERA 3.79/.260 BAA/1.32 WHIP

Verlander

ROY
NoHitter....

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
P_Manning 18 said:
Andy LaRoche
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young

Homer Bailey
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander

Living up to the hype is almost impossible the first time around. Very few guys do.

LaRoche is finding his swing after almost zero time with the Dodgers.
Gordon had a good second half last year and can't do much to try to put up numbers while he's hurt.
Young is 23.
Bailey has shown flashes of being an ace (in the minors) but it hasn't translated in the majors.
Hernandez plays for one of the worst AL teams in a pretty competitive division.
Verlander has been outstanding this season.

If a guy doesn't amount to an All Star in their first year they get written off, especially by card collectors.

The fact that Mous might be ready to take over for an enigma like Gordon doesn't tell me much until I hear who other teams might give up for Gordon.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
There is some truth to what you are saying Logan. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Holy Crap, I didn't want to hear that.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I don't know how Verlander and Felix are mentioned in this conversation. They both have showed they can be dominate in the big leagues. Just a tad inconsistent. Also Verlander looks to be back to form last year after a off year last year which can be par for the course for a young pitcher. Also don't forget that Felix is 23. The majority of the pitchers in the MINOR leagues are older than King Felix.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
If you think that King Felix can't pitch, you are on crack. He pitches on a horrible team....if you traded him to a contender, you could pencil in 18-20 wins every year. He will be a top 5 to 10 pitcher in the league for the next 10 years or more.

As for Verlander, he got off to a horrible start but has been on fire ever since. In his last five starts, he has given up a total of 4 earned runs and had 52 K's....while only walking 10.

Members online

Latest posts