Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Profile: Ron Coomer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
I had the honor of watching him play when he was on the Yankees. Solid Player. Thanks for the read.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
You are the man!!!!

Coomer is a super nice guy
Solid stats too for an average Joe

By the way, a few corrections:
1) Coomer never played with Indians
2) He started off in Athletics system but was always blocked by Carney Lansford so most of his stats were down in Modesto. He also spent time with the White Sox minors but Ventura blocked him. He then moved to the Dodgers system but then Tim Wallach prevented his call up veen though he won 2of the 3 Triple Crown categories while playing in PCL Alb. Eventually he found his way to MINNESOTA where he put togther solid #s for a nobody and even made an All-Star team (the year it was in Boston and Ted Williams was celebrated). I believe Ron bounced around to the north side of Chicago and eventually the Yankees. A problem with a muscle in his neck caused him to retire earlier than desired. He nows announces for a Minnesota network.

He was an awesome HS QB even though he is built like Matt Stairs now
He loves beef sandwiches from Parisi's on 63rd street on south side of Chicago
He also started CF Swingtown Academy in Orland Park IL

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
kentuckyderby said:
You are the man!!!!

Coomer is a super nice guy
Solid stats too for an average Joe

By the way, a few corrections:
1) Coomer never played with Indians
2) He started off in Athletics system but was always blocked by Carney Lansford so most of his stats were down in Modesto. He also spent time with the White Sox minors but Ventura blocked him. He then moved to the Dodgers system but then Tim Wallach prevented his call up veen though he won 2of the 3 Triple Crown categories while playing in PCL Alb. Eventually he found his way to MINNESOTA where he put togther solid #s for a nobody and even made an All-Star team (the year it was in Boston and Ted Williams was celebrated). I believe Ron bounced around to the north side of Chicago and eventually the Yankees. A problem with a muscle in his neck caused him to retire earlier than desired. He nows announces for a Minnesota network.

He was an awesome HS QB even though he is built like Matt Stairs now
He loves beef sandwiches from Parisi's on 63rd street on south side of Chicago
He also started CF Swingtown Academy in Orland Park IL

DOH! When I said Indians I meant Twins. ::facepalm:: Correcting it now. Thank you.

Members online

Latest posts