Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark Reynolds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Who is familiar with his performance, character, etc?

His cards seem very low priced, and little to no activity? Just curious?
PIcked up this for $32 with no other bidders.

Is he only PT, injured, or something else I am overlooking?

!BRo8SE!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBJ+Ic2qU+Q~~_1.jpg

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
Horrible defender, K's way too much, doesn't walk enough (getting better), but he can mash and hit HR's.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Not much of a following. I picked up the 2 cards on the left in '07 for about $18 combined.

gold2.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
why would you buy that? its green :|

is that all he has?

green? joke, i hope? This is gold his best rookie and books $100.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
nikateen said:
Horrible defender, K's way too much, doesn't walk enough (getting better), but he can mash and hit HR's.

ok, thanks...i guess that is it...
high k's, bad defender... I wonder if he is getting any better? He is young still...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
muchuckwagon said:
A poor man's Adam Dunn....

This kind of assumption irks me a little, as an Adam Dunn fan. Dunn has a career .383 OBP (20th among active players, ahead of: Ortiz, Ichiro, Texeria, and Utley) and a .248 career average.

Mark Reynolds has a .257 career batting average and a .330 career OBP, which barely ranks him ahead of an average replacement player.

Adam Dunn does strike out a lot and hit a ton of home runs, but at the plate that is where the comparison ends. Dunn is infinitely more valuable at the dish.

If you want a more apt comparison, it's probably Richie Sexson or Russell Branyan. Those two guys are both free swingers that take very few walks, strike out a ton, and hit a ton of home runs.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
As for the purchase, I would have to say that you did overpay a bit considering the blue refractor versions are only fetching $7 or $8, but on your side is the condition of the card which looks to be strong on the centering grade at least.

If Reynolds keeps hitting and puts up a few 40 HR seasons, you could have a very nice card on your hands, but patience would have been a virtue as you probably could have picked up another that came up on auction later for less money. Just my opinion.

MattStairs12

May 24, 2009
sorry but when the man says green he is referring to it being a rookie logo card and not a prospect and yes you got ripped of because it bookes arond 15-20 tops cuz i have a kouz and know that and i overpayed(12$) on my kouz

MattStairs12 said:
sorry but when the man says green he is referring to it being a rookie logo card and not a prospect and yes you got ripped of because it bookes arond 15-20 tops cuz i have a kouz and know that and i overpayed(12$) on my kouz

the book value is $100.00 picking up a card for that % of book will equate to a nice flip if he puts up any power numbers!

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
MattStairs12 said:

Oddly enough, Mark Reynolds never had a Chrome card until 2007. This "Green" rookie card was actually his first issue. He was kind of a non-descript minor league power hitter until his breakout season in 2006. Never was considered a hot property prospect.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
MattStairs12 said:

This is what happens when one is uninformed.

There are a handful of green/rookie logo cards that are indeed a player's first card. Pelfrey, Lincecum's non BC auto, and Reynolds are three examples. Kouz is not.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I was just looking at his baseball reference page earlier today. I didn't realize his most similar batter by age is Mike Schmidt. As long as Reynolds can improve his glove a bit and stay at third, he should hit plenty of homers.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
MattStairs12 said:

This is his first and best bowman card, gold #/50 and does book $100.

MattStairs12

May 24, 2009
dont get me wrong i like the card i just think it was overpayed for and usually the only greens that i see ever sell well is longo and licecum

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
MattStairs12 said:
dont get me wrong i like the card i just think it was overpayed for and usually the only greens that i see ever sell well is longo and licecum

usually they dont sell well, because they aren't usually their first year bowmans...that is not the case here.
If he ever is desired (it's possible at his young age, he can learn to control his strikeouts), this would be the most desired card of his, that one could own.

MattStairs12

May 24, 2009
hofautos said:
MattStairs12 said:

usually they dont sell well, because they aren't usually their first year bowmans...that is not the case here.
If he ever is desired (it's possible at his young age, he can learn to control his strikeouts), this would be the most desired card of his, that one could own.

oh ok thinks for the clarification im just glad he holds the k record and not ryan howard lol

Members online

Latest posts