Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Drew has fallen hard...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I know Drew has been struggling, but he had a great season last year, and is just 26. Was shocked his Bowman Chrome Auto's (which were SP'd though most people probably don't recall that) are so cheap. Oh well, I picked up 10 for $20.50 apiece. Hears to hoping he rebounds.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Yea, you can get them on thepit.com right now for $20. They've been selling pretty good today.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Yea, you can get them on thepit.com right now for $20. They've been selling pretty good today.
I bought 10 on thepit at that price, and may buy some more. They were at $35 at the beginning of the season and I thought that was solid. It wouldn't take very much to get them up to $35 again IMO.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
He's gotta get the hell out of AZ. Even when he had his mini-breakout last year, his stuff didn't spike much except for when he hit for the cycle. Plus, the rest of that lineup (other than Upton) is outrageously bad. He will have way fewer runs and RBIs than he would on a half decent team.
He was also hurt at the beginning of the year and I think they rushed him back. He's way better than he is playing.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I don't know how much more can be expected out of Drew, that's probably why you can pick up chromes for $20.

He hasn't played a full year, but last year in 152 games he managed 21 home runs and 67 RBI's. So what are we looking at? 25-30 home runs in a full year? Maybe 75-80 runs batted in? He doesn't steal any bases either.

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009
i agree that a better team would suit him. im a huge dbacks fan, and they definitely threw him to the lions after his injury got better. they needed him too badly to let him keep sitting. upton and reynolds are productive, but reynolds is the reigning K king, even with some good ABs. felipe lopez gets his hits, and gerardo parra has been a godsend with runners on base, but lopez seems to fail in the clutch, and parra cant carry a team straight up from Double-A, no matter how hot he gets. drew was the man last year, and while it does still seem that he is recovering from his injury, he too isnt near his potential at this point.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:
I don't know how much more can be expected out of Drew, that's probably why you can pick up chromes for $20.

He hasn't played a full year, but last year in 152 games he managed 21 home runs and 67 RBI's. So what are we looking at? 25-30 home runs in a full year? Maybe 75-80 runs batted in? He doesn't steal any bases either.
RBI are a poor indicator, and Drew also had 44 doubles and 11 triples last season. If some of those XBH's become homers you could be looking at a .300/30 guy easily at SS.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Topnotchsy said:
rico08 said:

RBI are a poor indicator, and Drew also had 44 doubles and 11 triples last season. If some of those XBH's become homers you could be looking at a .300/30 guy easily at SS.

Fair enough, but he was .291/21 last year and the Dbacks were at least relevant to MLB (unlike this year). I just don't see an extra .009/9 making those chrome SP's go any higher than $20-30.

I never bought into XBH's "turning into" home runs either. How many of those double/triples were line drives past outfielders or down the line? Probably quite a few.

He's no Hanley/Reyes/Rollins. I don't know how popular he is in AZ as a player. I just don't see much room for growth is all.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Up to .246 with a 3-5 performance today. He's been playing well of late

I didn't collect in 05 so I didn't bust any BDP stuff. Was it an announced SP? How much tougher is it to find than other autos from the set?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Up to .246 with a 3-5 performance today. He's been playing well of late

I didn't collect in 05 so I didn't bust any BDP stuff. Was it an announced SP? How much tougher is it to find than other autos from the set?
I don't recall how much tougher, but unless I am remembering wrong, he and Jered Weaver were SP's (don't think a print run was released.) There was a time when the base auto's were getting close to what the refractors got.

He's obviously not a .220 hitter. I expect many more days like today simply because he's shown he can hit in the past (and was red hot in the second half last season.)

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He has potential to be a productive player, but Stephen is kind of like his brother J.D., where he'll have his share of 'nagging injuries,' where he won't be on the field until he feels he is right.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I'm so happy I sold this one quick:

drewblueauto.jpg

Members online

Latest posts