Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool idea for a product?

Like the idea?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I found an old Beckett from a few years ago and noticed an article that mentioned unredeemed cards as reported by UD. IT got me thinking of the cards companies like UD have that were meant for redemptions which went unredeemed. How awesome would it be to have a product released called "Upper Deck Expirations" (I know they cant even fullfill the good redemptions let alone the expired ones) or something that only contained autographs which redemptions expired? I know that they save some cards for replacements but would they really replace a card from say 4-5 years ago? Im guessing there are still a small amount of Pujols Bowman Chrome autos that never got redeemed, it could be the "chase" card from the product. I think it could be a really cool set.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Sounds like a cool idea to me.

They'd probably ruin it buy making all their auto's into cut autos but cutting the actual card in half and placing it in a cut. Just like Legendary Cuts!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
I found an old Beckett from a few years ago and noticed an article that mentioned unredeemed cards as reported by UD. IT got me thinking of the cards companies like UD have that were meant for redemptions which went unredeemed. How awesome would it be to have a product released called "Upper Deck Expirations" (I know they cant even fullfill the good redemptions let alone the expired ones) or something that only contained autographs which redemptions expired? I know that they save some cards for replacements but would they really replace a card from say 4-5 years ago? Im guessing there are still a small amount of Pujols Bowman Chrome autos that never got redeemed, it could be the "chase" card from the product. I think it could be a really cool set.

It would cost a fortune and a lot of people would be mad because they'd be pulling cards they were told the company no longer "had in stock."

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
predatorkj said:
MallCopKJ said:

It would cost a fortune and a lot of people would be mad because they'd be pulling cards they were told the company no longer "had in stock."

Yeah, I didnt think of that. I bet there would be a lot of "can I sue" posts lol.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
not too sure you would find any pujols BC 2001 autos in Upper Deck product.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
It would be an awesome product, especially if the hits were all available via redemption cards, that once again people wouldn't get.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
LOL - there WAS a set called "final cuts" or something - it was the left over jersey pieces - most jerseys are numbered to round numbers (100, 500, etc.) - but there is extra fabric - so some cards were made, and had a SP of like 5 or 10.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
markakis8 said:

I didnt specifically mean UD. Im sure Topps has its share of left over cards from redemptions.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
markakis8 said:

I didnt specifically mean UD. Im sure Topps has its share of left over cards from redemptions.

They do, and they go out as replacements for further unfulfilled redemptions.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
MallCopKJ said:
markakis8 said:

Topps redemptions dont expire??? or you mean they just replace the redemption with different ones?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
MallCopKJ said:
markakis8 said:

Topps redemptions dont expire??? or you mean they just replace the redemption with different ones?

I mean that when a player doesn't sign a card for a redemption you sent in, they will send you cards that they have sitting in their warehouse. Many of those are from past redemptions that didn't get redeemed.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
MallCopKJ said:
markakis8 said:

And yes...they do expire. :(

Members online

Latest posts