Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Sweet Spot Classic jumbo patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Mr.Whitesox used to have the greatest collection of these. His collection is still amazing just not as large. He's also got a great database of pictures of all the patches that have come up since he started collecting.

I bought many of his patches a few years ago and got as close as only needing two (the Winfield /3 and the Gibson /1). I recently broke up the set and have been consistently selling them to about 3 different ebayers who always bid. I've still got doubles on all the Dodgers in the set except for Wills and they are some amazing cards. I've got a few more that I actually put up tonight on ebay and will probably sell the rest in the coming weeks. In the sold portion of my bucket I've got all the patches I once owned. The section is a mess but I've had some pretty sweet patches from this set if anyone feels like seeing them.

Here are some of the Dodgers I've got left:

RobinsonJackie05SSCBlue.jpg

RobinsonJackie05SSCRed.jpg

ReesePeeWee05SSC2.jpg

ReesePeeWee1.jpg

PodresJohnny.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I had all but four at one point, but then I sold a bunch off and now I just pick up the nice ones when I can. At one point or another I've owned about 115 different ones (about 1900 total in the set), but currently I own about 60. I've debated going after the set again, but I haven't convinced myself to pay a ton for the short prints. For the price of a 1- or 2-color shortprint of a modern guy like Schmidt or Winfield I can buy multiple 3-color patches of older players like Wills, Aparicio, or Brooks Robinson. Plus, when you compare player to player, jumbo patches from 2008 Ultimate, 2008 Sterling and 2007 Sterling letters are cheaper, all of which I've chased after.

My Current 2005 Sweet Spot Classic Patches

Latest posts