Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone see Verlander's game last night?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Another impressive WIN, went the distance and has improved to 7-2 on the season with an ERA barely over 3.00.

Looks like Knapp has him pitching like his first 2 seasons.... heck right now even better!.

Shep :ugeek:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Justin was lights out again wth the exception of 1 bad pitch to Thome. Pure domination and another CG.
As good as Greinke was early, Justin I think has been even better in his last 8 games and I feel is now in the front line for the Cy Young is He continues! During that period his ERA is a hair over 1. He is clearly back to his great form, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see another no-no before the years out.

Hopefully Jackson will make it 4 of 5 tonight!!

Go Tig's!! :D

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
When you can bring it 96 in the late innings and your off-speed/breaking stuff is just filthy....things are going to go well for you.

I like Verlanders attitude and he seems to actually enjoy the game.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's been ages since these were cards I had reason to show off:

ScannedImage-5-2.jpg
ScannedImage-7-2.jpg

ScannedImage-6-2.jpg

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Adamsince1981 said:
When you can bring it 96 in the late innings and your off-speed/breaking stuff is just filthy....things are going to go well for you.

That is one of the biggest keys right there. Justin gets fired up, and is extremely focused. He is imensely determined and verrrry verrry intense.
He had none of that last year. And I think in the last 8 games He's pitching better than he ever has. Clearly, I think, he's the best pitcher in the Majors right now and I truly am enjoying every minute of it!!

His last pitch of the game in the bottom of the 9th was 98.

Topnotchsy, you want how much for your Gold ref?? :mrgreen:

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
As much as I love Justin.... Halladay is still the CY frontrunner right now, with JV getting closer and closer after every start.

Now no I won't forget Grienke either.... JV and him are fighting it out in 2nd behind Doc and ofcourse JMHO.

Verlander1of1.jpg

jv.jpg

triple2.jpg

Shep :ugeek:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I know what your saying about the CY Young, but I said if he continues he's in th front line. Argueably I know, but comparatively over the last 8 games Justin has the best ERA, SO's, and only 1 win behind Roy which could be a 2 game swing but for they're outstanding relievers.--- :oops:

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Randy Shields said:
I know what your saying about the CY Young, but I said if he continues he's in th front line. Argueably I know, but comparatively over the last 8 games Justin has the best ERA, SO's, and only 1 win behind Roy which could be a 2 game swing but for they're outstanding relievers.--- :oops:

You can play that game with anyone, though. For instance, in his part four starts, Halladay pitched a 7-inning shutout only to get a no-decision, and left an 8-3 game in the eighth only to see the 'pen blow it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This is what I thought he would be doing last season when I predicted him to be the Cy Young winner. Obviously he sucked instead, but I'm really happy that he's come around again.

Jackson has been completely dominant as well, and Porcello has had some bright spots so far (like the entire month of May). If these three guys can keep it up, the Tigers are going to be TOUGH to beat if they make the playoffs this year. Now if only Galaragga would be more consistent or D-Train or Bonderman returned to form of about 3 years ago, the Tigers might just have the best rotation in the majors.

I'll settle for an exceptional top 3 though. Just think of these three guys next year after Porcello has a year of experience under his belt :shock: :shock: :shock: It's gonna be scary.

See sig for some of my cooler Verlander cards ;)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Randy Shields said:
Adamsince1981 said:

That is one of the biggest keys right there. Justin gets fired up, and is extremely focused. He is imensely determined and verrrry verrry intense.
He had none of that last year. And I think in the last 8 games He's pitching better than he ever has. Clearly, I think, he's the best pitcher in the Majors right now and I truly am enjoying every minute of it!!

His last pitch of the game in the bottom of the 9th was 98.

Topnotchsy, you want how much for your Gold ref?? :mrgreen:
Not moving it so quickly. I do see that you have a pretty sick Verlander card yourself!!

Members online

Latest posts