Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I traded 175 junk GU and Autos and got htis instead......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I traded 175 GU and Autos to Blowout Cards for a 2007 Topps Sterling Box.
Here is the pull:

Ichiro1of1.jpg
ICHIRO 1/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say I am pretty happy.
Also pulled a Bergundy David Wright 8/14

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
MAN OH MAN , A LOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT IN OUR GROUP TRADE...AND WE SENT THEM LIKE 1 MILLION CARDS :lol: :lol:

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
The section of the website that contains the details of this promotion states "A great way to get a fresh shot at a HUGE PULL !" I laughed at this statement the first time I saw that. You actually DID get a HUGE PULL! Congrats!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am glad you enjoyed your pull and it is a beauty but it seems way too lopsided in my mind.175 GU and autos, even if its of scrubs, is worth a lot of money.I somehow doubt they were all of scrubs too.To each their own but I would have a hard time doing something like that.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
I am glad you enjoyed your pull and it is a beauty but it seems way too lopsided in my mind.175 GU and autos, even if its of scrubs, is worth a lot of money.I somehow doubt they were all of scrubs too.To each their own but I would have a hard time doing something like that.

Trust me, they were scrubs.
The best card I got rid of in this deal was a Roger Clemens jersey card and a couple of Corey Patterson autographs.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:

I actually traded almost all of my GU and (non-HOF) autos on another site for some HOF autos. It was wayyyy lopsided towards the other guy in terms of number of cards, as well as in BV. But I was more than happy to trade up to something I wanted for my PC.

The OP may want this for his PC, or he may be able to flip it for a price more than the GU/autos. If it is less, it will certainly be much less hassle for him.

You say you may have a hard time doing this, and that is understandable, as I did too the first time I shipped off a lot in trade. But when I got that PC card back, I was hookd and shipped the rest of them off in the same manner. Happy I did.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
predatorkj said:

The best card I got rid of in this deal was a Roger Clemens jersey card and a couple of Corey Patterson autographs.

Name some other players.See...I guess I will always be little different because there are a lot of players I collect that may seem like scrubs to everyone else.That's why I have a field day at the local shop when I go because I nab Brain Roberts, Brandon Phillips, Nyger Morgan, Aaron Harang, Andre Either and many other autos and gu for $5 or less a piece.They all get pulled from really nice products but nobody wants them because they are not superstars.

autocut

predatorkj said:

Just to get rid of unwanted cards, wouldn't have been too hard.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
goldenegg1 said:
predatorkj said:

Name some other players.See...I guess I will always be little different because there are a lot of players I collect that may seem like scrubs to everyone else.That's why I have a field day at the local shop when I go because I nab Brain Roberts, Brandon Phillips, Nyger Morgan, Aaron Harang, Andre Either and many other autos and gu for $5 or less a piece.They all get pulled from really nice products but nobody wants them because they are not superstars.

There were definitely guys like that in there, but I do not have the time to list 175 cards that won't get hit for $1 on ebay. I was tired of taking them to shows over and over again and not selling. A lot of these guys were from 2001 to 2004 and who are long gone from baseball.
Same with the football I sent in. This is the third time I have done this (over 650 cards total) and at first I was a little apprehensive, but once I pulled a Brady Quinn Triple Patch auto /18 and a Jerry Rice Triple Jersey Auto 1/9, I was hooked. It is a great way to open up some higher end product that I would normally never buy.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
predatorkj said:
goldenegg1 said:
predatorkj said:

There were definitely guys like that in there, but I do not have the time to list 175 cards that won't get hit for $1 on ebay. I was tired of taking them to shows over and over again and not selling. A lot of these guys were from 2001 to 2004 and who are long gone from baseball.
Same with the football I sent in. This is the third time I have done this (over 650 cards total) and at first I was a little apprehensive, but once I pulled a Brady Quinn Triple Patch auto /18 and a Jerry Rice Triple Jersey Auto 1/9, I was hooked. It is a great way to open up some higher end product that I would normally never buy.

I know a guy who would be more than willing to buy that many cards from you or at least he will be glad to trade some high end stuff(boxes only ) for.Lets put it this way...he purchased a box of about 2500 cards.About 2/3's of the box was just cheap inserts and base cards of star players and the rest was a few autos of some okay players, some okay 90's inserts and some okay single color GU cards of scrub-decent players.He bought the box for like $400.I didn't even think he would get much for them at all seeing as how there was nothing super special in the box whatsoever save for a few 90's inserts I had never even seen.But he was intent and supposedly he has done okay with them at his shop.In any case there are people who are willing to pay for them.I know if you had that many he'd probably be happy to work with you.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Wow - I bet there are several people (myself included) that would love a chance at that if it ever comes up for trade. Nice hit! Congrats!

Members online

Latest posts