Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My local shop has this for $15...should I pick it up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Legit Investments

Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Seems like the last one sold for 35 or so, wouldnt hurt could be a quick flip. You prob get like $10 bucks back after fees/shipping or could be a nice trade towards a PC card on the board...

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
1.Ebay.com
2.Advanced Search
3.Type card In
4.Scroll down and check completed listings box
5.You may have to sign in
6.Search for your card.

Now looky there

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
arod305 said:
1.Ebay.com
2.Advanced Search
3.Type card In
6.Search for your card.

Now looky there

I did, how did you think I got the pic! lol!

I just wanted a non-ebay opinion (yes, I know the last one went for $35).

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
arod305 said:
1.Ebay.com
2.Advanced Search
3.Type card In
6.Search for your card.

Now looky there

I did, how did you think I got the pic! lol!

I just wanted a non-ebay opinion (yes, I know the last one went for $35).

I was just giving you a hard time lol. Yeah I would go buy it.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I'll take a different angle on my response. I have a habit of picking up items to flip and then never actually flipping them. They somehow magically get sucked into the void that is my personal collection. So, if you are guilty of the same practice, then ask yourself if you wouldn't mind having the card in your collection long term. If you are a stronger man than me, and have the willpower to actually flip the card, then I don't think there is any question.

Tom

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Got it!

On a whim, I also bought a pack of 2009 Bowman Jumbo and got a Blake Tekotte Xfractor Auto! I actually thought it was a base auto until I saw the serial numbering on the back. The xfractor design was very light on the card!?

Yes, I am 100% selling the card! No PC here!

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Messier2 said:
Got it!

On a whim, I also bought a pack of 2009 Bowman Jumbo and got a Blake Tekotte Xfractor Auto! I actually thought it was a base auto until I saw the serial numbering on the back. The xfractor design was very light on the card!?

Feel free to PM me a price. Nice buy!

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
baseballguy350 said:
Messier2 said:
Got it!

Feel free to PM me a price. Nice buy!

Will do. I have a pending deal right now, if that falls through, I will PM you. Thanks.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Messier2 said:
Got it!

I know. I collect Tekotte and I thought the seller had sent me the wrong card after i purchased an Xfractor. The 09 Bowman xfractor design is terrible. I have 4 of different players and you can barely tell it is even a parallel

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Messier2 said:
Got it!

I know. I collect Tekotte and I thought the seller had sent me the wrong card after i purchased an Xfractor. The 09 Bowman xfractor design is terrible. I have 4 of different players and you can barely tell it is even a parallel

Maybe it's their grand plan to eliminate x-fractor lines...which I think is a great idea if they can do it. Has anyone seen a major x-fractor line from 2009 bowman?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Messier2 said:
mredsox89 said:
Messier2 said:
Got it!

Maybe it's their grand plan to eliminate x-fractor lines...which I think is a great idea if they can do it. Has anyone seen a major x-fractor line from 2009 bowman?

No sir. They seemed to fix them in 08 BDP by making them show as silver and basically only visible in scans. For example, this card appears not to have a line at all in person (there is a silver line if you look closely and at the right angle), but in this scan, it is pretty clearly visible at the very top and appears much darker. Obviously BGS doesn't consider thie a line because the card graded well.

PerryX95.jpg

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Looks like you're right. The xfractors in 08 BDP do look better from the naked eye.

Members online

Latest posts