Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some assistance in odds for this card!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I came across this auction for a 1996 UD Collectors Choice Crash the Game Gold,The seller saids the odds were 1-4000+ packs...My beckett doesn't state this.I was wondering because i have the Silver version of the card and if the Gold is really a tough pull,then the Silver has to have some tough odds as well.

Here is the Auction!

[ebay:25qtkhf3]180370096674[/ebay:25qtkhf3]

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
as per beckett
GOLD
This 90-card set parallels the more common silver Crash the Game cards. Gold cards were randomly inserted into one in every 50 Series 2 packs. Winning cards were redeemable for a super premium Wood Cell Card featuring the same player.
SILVER
Randomly inserted into one in every five series two packs, silver Crash the Game interactive cards feature a selection of thirty of baseball's top stars. If the featured player hit a home run during the series specified on the card, it was then eligible to be redeemed for a super premium Cell Card of the same player. Winning cards have been highlighted with a "W" in the listings below. The postmark expiration date for exchanging winning cards was November 18th, 1996.

golds seem to be pretty rare tho

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
He probably took the odds of pulling a Gold redemption card and multiplied it by the number of players...so the odds of pulling a particular player are 1:4000+.

These are some of my favorite cards of all time.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I remember pulling an actual "Hot Pack" of Collector's Choice back then. It had all Gold sig cards in it. I know Ripken and Griffey were 2 of the cards. I'd love to have them now!

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed with Bull - he seems to applied the dubious "specific player" multiplier. <shrug>

I busted a couple hundred of these boxes and the CTG Golds fell about what Magic said, roughly 1 every other box. The twist was that each player had three different dates - each one in gold foil.

The value is whatever you personally believe the card is worth - centered primarily around, if experience is factored into the equation, how difficult a search/hunt it's been for you. Me? I spent 11 years and tons of greenbacks hunting for just two different cards from this issue.

The flip side: Board member Cobra29svt, a fellow Thomas Collector, was able to snag both of the cards that I had spent years & bucks looking for in very short order and at a substantial discount to what I paid. So.... :cool:

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5 said:
I remember pulling an actual "Hot Pack" of Collector's Choice back then. It had all Gold sig cards in it. I know Ripken and Griffey were 2 of the cards. I'd love to have them now!

I remember those! Yeah... heh... never was able to bust one of those no matter how many boxes I busted. :lol:

Was standing next to a guy who was lucky enough to get a Silver pack tho'.

Latest posts