Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Met Sandy Koufax Today + others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Today I went to the celebrity pro-am at TPC Cromwell, CT. A list of the people I met and got autos from:

Sandy Koufax (ball/index card)
Roger Staubach (ball/index card)
Ray Allen (jersey/index card)
Joe Pesci
Dwight Evans
Jen Rizzotti
Doug Flutie

Overall all great people, and happy to sign for many people. Roger Staubach was the most fun, he has a great sense of humor and socializes a great deal with the crowd. I stayed with him and Joe Pesci's foursome for most of the time.

I dont have a scanner right now, but I am going to work on some pictures depends how good my phone camera works.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
ALL autographs were free! For Koufax you had to fight through the crowd to get to him though. It was viscious.

aminors said:
Wow, nice. Were the autos free?

Anthony

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
is today the last day? I was tempted to go but totally forgot about it till now.
:(

nevermind..It was a 1 day thing.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Wow that's pretty awesome. Scan any of them? How did you manage to get two of Koufax's autographs when the crowd was so big?

zan

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
My friend John got the index card and gave it to me.

Zan said:
Wow that's pretty awesome. Scan any of them? How did you manage to get two of Koufax's autographs when the crowd was so big?

zan

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Koufax was a nice guy also, you could tell he was getting a bit aggrevated with the swarm of people tho. He kept his cool until people started getting nasty with each other, thats when he told everybody that he wasnt signing anything else, unless people started to respect one another. Thats when I nice line formed (kinda).

J.O. said:
koufax nice?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
wow nice of him to sign for everyone though. I agree with him though. arguing over nothing gets me annoyed, angry, and anxious. I can see where he is coming from. good thing you guys listened to him!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Funny thing about it I think the worst of the bunch were the younger kids. The first hole I was standing right next to Koufax after tee off, and as soon as he got close enough the swarm moved in. Some middle teenage kid grinded his way in front of me. Now when I say grinded, picture the nastiest sex grinding dance you have ever seen in a club, and that was this kid. I was totally skeeved, and just backed away. I waited until a few holes later to get my autograph.

A_Pharis said:
The #1 Sign you're a *********:

You have to be threatened to settle down, and you're over the age of 5.

I'm glad you got a sig, man... good thing the rowdy ones didn't ruin it for you.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I still stand by Staubach being the best signer. He was making jokes when some guy asked him to put HOF on a helmet, he asked who he was selling it to. The guy responded "nobody"...Staubach " so thats the ebay name I should look out for?...Nobody"

Members online

Latest posts