Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm starting to HATE Ken Macha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Bases loaded in the 8th, tie game, 1 out. Giants bring in a groundball pitcher to face a guy who has a decent chance to GIDP (Mike Cameron). Does Macha try and switch it up, maybe use Mat Gamel who is hitting .286 against lefties instead of keeping Cameron in there, who's hitting .200.

Maybe try something surprising, like a suicide squeeze with JJ on 3rd (decent/enough speed). I don't know, just ANY ******* THING besides letting Cameron GIDP like we all knew he was going to.

Then, he throws Hoffman out there again, to give up 2 runs and the lead, because it worked so ******* great last time he tried it. And I'm not even watching the game, but I'm sure he's just standing there with his arms crossed, not doing a damn thing.

Getting tiresome...

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I didn't hate the decision to keep Cameron in for the at-bat. His defense is invaluable, as shown earlier in the game. And it's not like he can't hit a sac fly to get the lead.

I didn't care for his decision to bring in Hoffman. Not at all surprised to see Trevor struggle in that role. The man is the all-time saves leader. That's what he does. Macha tried using him as a reliever before, and it was the only time he gave up a run all year. So I agree with you that it was a dumb move...short staffed in the pen or not.

Regardless, it's a great win and nice to see their bats back in action. Pujols gets all the glory, but Fielder is making Howard look like a joke at 2nd in the All-Star voting.

BTW, Fielder has only 1 less RBI than Big Al.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
I like the fact that he's not wound quite as tightly as old Nedley used to be, but I wish once in a while someone would wake him up in a situation where they might try to actually manufacture a run. We're going to the game tomorrow - hopefully they can put a few runs on the board for Soupy.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I think he's doing a fine job. Tonight was a great game to be at. It was funny when the Giants got 2 in the top of the 9th how many people left the game. Tonight's game is the reason you never leave a game early.

Members online

Latest posts